PDA

View Full Version : Airport USA

PA38
13th Jun 2003, 04:51
I have just been watching airport USA on the good old BBC, it had an American Airlines flight returning with a burst tyre.

Trouble was the aircraft on approach was a 777 the plane touching down was a 757, but the aircraft stopped on the runway was an A300 airbus!!!!!

Whats the chances the truth was it burst a tyre on landing.. But that don't make good television does it:)

Konkordski
13th Jun 2003, 05:07
Glad you saw that bit of mismatching as well, I thought I was seeing things.

Mind you, there was definitely a burst tyre on the screen at some point. And I'm sure the welcoming committee of Dade County flashing-light trucks weren't there for nothing.

TangoZulu
13th Jun 2003, 06:43
Said exactly the same to Mrs TZ as I was watching it!

Still as you say good television and accurate journalism do not always go together now do they, especially when aviation is involved!:sad:

TZ

kabz
13th Jun 2003, 08:07
I hope NOBODY ever hears me wetting my pants with a broken valve in my 172 ... then landing as if nothing had happened :O

Ace Rimmer
13th Jun 2003, 16:01
Funny thing TZ that's what I said to Mrs Rimmer too but same as usual she told me to stop being an anorak....;)

rupetime
13th Jun 2003, 16:17
did anyone else think this programme was crap ?

Same as the Holiday Airline the night before -

Very little to do with Airlines or Airports more to do with people and the predicaments they get themselves in - you could make the same programme in a shopping centre but i guess it wouldnt get the viewings as its not as exciting as 200tonnes of metal flying around !

rt

epreye
13th Jun 2003, 20:46
Ace & Tango, recent film on the box had pax boarding an A300, take-off in a 737-200, in the sky in a 747, and in-cockpit shots showing two "throttles" as silver sticks with knobs on top.

Same problem with Mrs. Epreye, she says I'm a pain in the ass!

I just don't understand how these people can get it so wrong and think no-one notices:* :* :*

cortilla
13th Jun 2003, 21:12
Mrs cortilla fell aspleep the other day when i was explaining whether fronts and thunderstorms and microbursts and windshear. fascinating stuff which could kill us all, and i put in as much blood guts and gore to keep stuff interesting, but all i got was "i'm sorry darling but can you explain that when you're doing the washing up and i'm in the bedroom upstairs" The youth of today!