PDA

View Full Version : Anything to do at Naples, FL

JeroenC
13th Jun 2003, 00:18
Hello,

I like to get my PPL at Naples. My girlfriend likes to come over for 2 weeks, but I like to know if there's anything we/she can do out ther. I've read that it is not that nice of an area to hang out.

Anybody been there?

j0_ey
13th Jun 2003, 06:05
Well there's the beach, and plenty of shops.

And of course Miami is not a million miles away. :O

knobbygb
13th Jun 2003, 17:13
I visited with a friend who's interested in Native Americans and there are a few reservations out in the everglades where you can visit and look around museums etc. There's also the obligatory airboat and alligator viewing tours.

Yes, loads of shops but the ones in Naples are a bit 'boutique' - aimed at the rich retirees who holiday there. The best shopping malls are around Miami and Fort Lauderdale - there's a huge one just at the east end of Alligator Alley - about 1.5 hrs away.

If you want more details of where I stayed/visited etc. - PM me.

buzzc152
13th Jun 2003, 20:23
There's not enough in Naples to keep someone going for two weeks. THe beach is very nice though. A few nice restuarants, Tin City shopping, a trip on boat..... that's about it. You'd soon get bored. A trip to the Everglades is a absolute must.

laidbak
15th Jun 2003, 23:02
Look up Naples,FL on the internet; you'll get the usual Chamber of Commerce stuff, but good for an overview...
Depends what floats your boat. I've lived here nearly 13 years, and like it fine.
As with any place you don't know, if you want to find out about stuff ask a bartender or waiter/waitress-they generally have the lowdown.

Facts Not Fiction Pls
17th Jun 2003, 08:42
Knobby mate

You must have missed all the good stuff or stayed in the snobby areas!

What about Miromar? Fantastic shopping for outlets from all the sports (Nike, Fila, Addidas...) to cheap designers (Ralph, Nautica...).

Then theres the Coastland mall.....don't tell me you thought 5th Avenue South and 3rd street was all of Naples!!!!

All kidding aside, Naples is not Disney....far from it. So if you want something designed for tourism and Mickey don't go to Naples. However, if you want one of the best beaches, good shopping, great food and a good fews nights on 5th (don't forget there is always Fort Myers for those wilder nights!) then you will enjoy Naples.

Laidbak has the right idea!

ShenziRubani
17th Jun 2003, 17:27
Spent 5 months last year, just went back on a quick holiday and see my friends at NAC. There's a lot to do in and around Naples. Easy to travel to the Everglades, places like Marco Island, Fort Myers and even up north to Tampa. Nothing is too far in that area.

Naples has good shopping, good restaurant, clubs are **** but you can find nice bars. Fishing is cheap, the Starbuck on 5th Ave is cool, the beach is nice, not overcrowded compared to some European ones.

Not a bad place at all for a 2 weeks holidays. Plus, it's so hot there now that you and your Babe will enjoy afternoon naps with the aircon.