PDA

View Full Version : Documents and public cat interception card

Fuji Abound
12th Jun 2003, 18:19
The ANO specifies the documents required to be carried on an international flight, and for public transport purposes in addition to documents a,b,c,g, and i it adds d,e,f,h.

Now many private aircraft are registered on the public cat. but when the aircraft is being used by the owner I have always assumed because the aircraft is on the public cat the additional documents are still required to be carried. Is this correct?

The ANO makes no mention of the certificate of insurance - where does the requirement to carry such document stem or is it just a good idea.

Finally does anyone know a source on the web of an interception card - (I knowthe CAA publish GASS11, but this does not include a visual reference card).

FNG
12th Jun 2003, 18:44
The documents only need to be carried within the UK if the flight is for the purposes of public transport, and even then can be left at the airfield if the flight is to start at terminate at the same place.

Insurance documents are not mentioned because, as always seems surprising, there is presently no legal obligation to insure the aircraft. Of course it is sensible to carry the insurance certificate along with the other stuff and many airfields stipulate that visiting aircraft must be able to prove that they are insured up to a certain level.

I don't know of a web source for the interception procedures. When going overseas I stick a copy torn off the cover of an old VFR guide onto my pad.

Fuji Abound
12th Jun 2003, 19:03
FNG - thanks for your helpful reply. I was more thinking of the day trip (or longer) to France, owner and maybe a friend as passenger, aircraft on a public cat. Is it documents a,b,c,g,i or all those plus d,e, f, h?

FNG
12th Jun 2003, 19:14
Owner plus friend sounds like a private flight, so it's only documents a, b, c, g and i.

Circuit Basher
12th Jun 2003, 20:18
If you get desperate on interception procedures, I'll have a look in the back of an old Aerad Flight Information Supplement to see if they are scannable. The interception prcedures are ICAO approved, so just use FAA Interception Procedures (http://www.oas.gov/dts/tsdocs/InterceptionProcedures.pdf). I'm a bit unclear as to what is wrong with the GASS leaflet - it's clearer than anything else I could easily find.

Fuji Abound
12th Jun 2003, 21:58
Circuit basher - thanks, no need to worry. I was only wondering whether anyone had come up with a one page card which summarises the interception procedures which could live up front in the unlikely event .. .. .. as you say the GASS leaflet is fine as well as the page included in some of the VFR flight guides.

Stan Evil
13th Jun 2003, 02:25
Fuji, the CofA registration of an aircraft is a completely separate issue from whether it is being operated for public transport. Public Transport can only be carried out by an organisation holding an air operator's certificate (AOC) using aircraft registered for Transport (Passenger) or Transport (Freight) and flown by holders of a CPL or ATPL. Look closely at the CofA and you'll not find the word 'public' anywhere.

Flying schools are required to have their aircraft registered for Tansport (Passenger) and some private owners who bought from a school may still have CofAs in this category. The difference to a private owner of Private Cat and Transport (Pax) is all down to record keeping and maintenance.