PDA

View Full Version : Driving in Florida

p.savage
11th Jun 2003, 04:49
Hi guys.

I am off to EFT for the Professional Pilots Course in January (fingers crossed) and I am in the process of getting everything organised.

There is one thing I am a little unsure about. Buying and car and driving it in Florida (Fort Pierce).

I don't know any of the implications involved. Could someone please help me out.

What are the driving license laws in Fort Pierce, can one drive on an international driving license for two years? Or does one need to take a florida test?

Insurance, whats that like?! :=

Any help is much appreciated.

Savage

richiya
11th Jun 2003, 05:48
Hi Savage,
I was in florida not long ago, I was there for about 5 months and calculated it was cheaper to buy a car then hire one for that amount of time. I bought one for $550 and to say the truth it was better than what I expected (it didnīt break down) I used a UK licence no problem but found out latter itīs really simple and cheap to get it there, look into it, thereīs benefits as you can us it as ID (renting places or making reservations) I had to change the licence plate and get an insurance but both of them didnīt add up to more than $350-$400!! I then sold the car to another pilot who had just got to the US for $500 the day before I left so it turned out to be a great idea. Go for it and drive around thereīs lots to see.
Good luck with your flying itīs great fun over there!!!!!
Regards,
Richiya

reynoldsno1
11th Jun 2003, 07:03
Get a FL drivers' licence - you will have to do a test (written and practical), but they are very easy - oh, and remember to drive on the right...
As mentioned, the licence is THE essential ID in the US.

Keygrip
11th Jun 2003, 11:17
The Florida version of a "Highway Code" would be a good start.

Drivers Handbook (http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/handbooks/English/)

Is this really a "Pro Training USA" question?

p.savage
11th Jun 2003, 20:59
Thanks for the replies.

I thought this would be the best place to put the tread.

Savage

<< :} :} :} >>

VFE
14th Jun 2003, 00:01
Are you staying in Fort Peirce because FP is a bit erm..... dumpy.

p.savage
15th Jun 2003, 08:19
DUMPY you say?

By what means? Explain yourself.

Savage