PDA

View Full Version : New ultra-reliable weather service!

Hersham Boy
9th Jun 2003, 19:02
Saturday morning - got the Archer booked to take the other half up for a jolly to Earles Colne - have a gander at Brands, Thames Estuary, Essex countryside and try out the new headset I bought her.

10.30 comes and LGW ATIS (I'm flying from Redhill) reporting 800-900' cloudbase. Pretty manky all around, so decide to wait it out.

12.00pm - ATIS reporting cloudbase barely scraping 1000'. Thinks: will leave it 30 more minutes.

12.30pm - no visible change. Still dark black in the direction of Essex. Call club, scrub booking, shake fist at skies, go inside to sulk.

Sit down in front of a film I'd taped and been meaning to watch for ages. Crack open consolation beer to accompany movie.

Within 5 minutes of finishing beer (no exaggeration whatsoever), blue patches start to appear. Within 30 minutes, it's blue over East Surrey. Within an hour, it's blue everywhere.

And I've sunk a beer. :{ I could have cried...

So... next time I'm about to cancel a plane due to weather, I'm going to post first. Watch out for the message and you will be able to 24ct guarantee that the Wx will be perfect wherever it was I was going to go. :hmm:

Hersh

Flyin'Dutch'
10th Jun 2003, 03:01
Haha,

Never ever drink a beer an a day that you *may* be able to go flying.

Learned that a long time ago.

You live and learn.

FD

Rattus
10th Jun 2003, 07:38
ATIS only reports actual weather. What did the forecast say?

Met question: What follows two days of low cloud, drizzle and poor vis?:E

Evo
10th Jun 2003, 15:09
Two more days of low cloud, drizzle and poor vis? :( :{

Rattus
11th Jun 2003, 04:01
No ... Monday! :}