PDA

View Full Version : Babcock Groundschool

phd
8th Jun 2003, 06:06
I have heard ATPL groundschool and commercial flight training is now offered at Barkston Heath by military contract services company Babcock. Anyone know anymore?

ecj
8th Jun 2003, 16:56
Try the CAA website to see if it is approved to conduct training

BillieBob
8th Jun 2003, 17:37
According to the website they are approved for CPL and IR, but no groundschool. The fact that they are not approved for the MEP Class Rating may indicate that they only do a SE IR course, or will only take people who already have MEP.

However, if they use the same instructors for JAA training as they use on the military contract, you won't get better trained or standardised instructors anywhere.

Best give them a call and get the information from the horse's mouth.

Megaton
9th Jun 2003, 17:36
Spoke to Babcock this morning. Man in the know was airborne; I'll report back when I've spoken to him.

togaroo
9th Jun 2003, 17:55
from the small time that I spent there seems like a good outfit, nice chaps, great kit and they wont leave you in a spin;)

Alex Whittingham
9th Jun 2003, 19:54
A couple of the ex-Pilot Assist Instructors were going to try and set up there. Maybe this is it. I thought you knew the Pilot Assist boys phd?

Megaton
9th Jun 2003, 23:45
Alex is correct (as always!) about the groundschool instructors. They have only just got approval to conduct CPL/IR training using the Firefly and a Seneca 1 so they have no firm pricing details just yet. They are experienced in IRs since they use their Seneca for their own instructor renewals so I would imagine that they are fairly low-risk. No approaches at Barkston so trg would be conducted at Teeside, Leeds etc as reqd. Will try to visit sometime this week and provide fuller picture.