PDA

View Full Version : Channel Express expansion

682ft AMSL
7th Jun 2003, 00:22
Spotted this from the Dart Group, owners of Channel Express / Jet2. Considering the timescale of deliveries and the expected payback, one presumes the most likely use is for expansion of the Jet2 operation in winter 03/04.

http://www.dartgroup.co.uk/flash/index.html

Dart Group PLC announces that it will be purchasing six Boeing 737-300 passengeraircraft from receivers appointed by HSBC Bank Plc (Sydney Branch). The aircraft ill be subject to a phased delivery schedule over the next six months.After this purchase Dart's fleet of Boeing 737-300 aircraft will comprise 14aircraft. This purchase will provide the necessary capacity to grow the Group's argo and passenger operations. This investment is expected to make a positive ontribution to Group profits in the 2004/05 financial year onwards.The consideration, which will be financed in US Dollars, will be met from acombination of cash and new and existing bank facilities.

nighthawk117
7th Jun 2003, 01:55
FlyGlobespan last week mentioned they were planning to take on a third 737 in order to add another 2 destinations for this summer.

Im presuming one of these 737s will be heading for Globespan. The airline has also been talking about commencing low cost flights to canada starting later this year. Will Channex be taking on a 767 to operate these routes or will FlyGlobespan be looking elsewhere for someone to operate the flights?

airsmiles
7th Jun 2003, 02:41
This is just a theory, but both Channex and European are based at Bournemouth, with Channex using European's maintenance facilities at times.

European are also reported to have the their sale to new owners finalised shortly. The new owners may be a local travel company, but even of this were true, closer co-operation with Channex may be mutually beneficial.

It is possible that some of the new Channex B737-300's will replace European's ageing ex-Sabena B737-200's.

airsmiles

expedite_climb
7th Jun 2003, 04:26
airsmiles,

I doubt it, the link to the dart group site says the source of the aircraft is HSBC acting as recievers in austraila and they are -300's

GO DIRECT
9th Jun 2003, 00:55
sorry wrong forum for my points:ouch:

airsmiles
9th Jun 2003, 02:28
expedite_climb,

the source of the a/c is HSBC and they are -300's, but I said they may be replacing the European -200's and not vice versa.

airsmiles

galley-wench22
10th Jun 2003, 00:12
Doeas anyone know anything about who will operate the Canada service for Globespan??

zoru
10th Jun 2003, 16:44
perhaps the 737 will be used for the new post office contracts...anyone heard any more?

itsinthabox
10th Jun 2003, 21:25
Shrek told my boss they would ave 5 Q/Cs and a Freighter by early next year! Could be total codswallop, but then again I were told, Emerald are looking into getting some DC9s and slotting Mexican Cargo Doors in em, Irish register of course! :ok: