PDA

View Full Version : Who is that Guy at the CAA

Polar Maritime
6th Jun 2003, 16:34
Frustrated as a lot of people are at present with the ATPL examinations!
I have spent a year of very hard work and a awful lot of money (just like everyone),and face the possibility of loosing it all because on one exam, POF. I have one sitting left and that's it! The plan was to past all my exams in the 5 sittings. But POF was such an awful paper, nothing really relating to the published learning objectives, I now find myself at sitting number 6. Having spoken with Bristol, BCTF, EPTA, ATA , GTS, Oxford and CCAT the same answer comes back. It is all down to one individual at the CAA who has his head stuck so far up his own ******* ***. He is not willing to or prepared to listening to the schools and review the exams (if so many complaints are coming through, then they must be something wrong!) . Yet again, the CAA is not answerable to anyone, and they bloody well should be. They take enough of our money!
Who are you Mr CAA POF, why don't you have an open forum and invite students and schools to it, so we can all put our questions to you!!!!! In fact I am so angry at the way the CAA treats the industry, I have now written to my local MP and contacted a lawer who is very knowledegable in dealing with government departments.

All I ask, is to be tested fairly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clubley
6th Jun 2003, 17:14
Totally agree, lets have a forum with the CAA

letsrock2019
6th Jun 2003, 18:21
Effectively, the level of difficulty should be the same for all papers and it is no right you loose all your work you have done until now just because for one which gives you a hard time.

PilotOnline
6th Jun 2003, 20:16
Totally Agree! If we could have a CAA forum a lot of questions could be asked and hopefully answered, a positive step.

Polar, keep us up to date with your progress, especially with the lawyer! And good luck on your next sitting!

Jinkster
7th Jun 2003, 01:43
Well said Mr Polar Maritime.

I wonder whether the goal post will change if and when there is a pilot shortage!!!!

Jinkster