PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth/Coventry/Cranfield

WX Man
4th Jun 2003, 21:47
I'm looking to do an ATPL full time groundschool course at either BCFT (Bournemouth), ATA (Coventry) or CCAT (Cranfield) starting in September and going through to March-April.

I haven't yet decided which school to do it at: I think that in the end it will come down to where I can live cheapest for 6 months over the winter. I would suggest that all 3 groundschools are pretty high quality.

If anyone else is thinking the same and wants to look at the possibility of sharing a flat for that time, can you please reply here, PM me or email me: [email protected]

Send Clowns
4th Jun 2003, 22:31
If you have no luck with finding a share, Wx Man, then we have an accomodation list that would be sent to all our students, and we can send or email that to you. In general accomodation is not difficult to find in Bournemouth, especially over the winter when all the language schools are quieter and the cheap accomodation they use over the summer is available.

When I was a student in Bournemouth I was trying to live cheaply but also with food cooked for me, so I chose the accomodation the language schools use. The place I stayed now charges £85 - £105 per week including all food (simple but edible) depending on room size. Contact me if that interests you, as I think my former landlady probably has space.

Now I am working for BCFT and want to cook for myself I am lodging in Ringwood and paying £270 per month (works out at about £65 per week) for a large room. It was not difficult to find somewhere at this price, and the drive to and from work is pleasant and about 20 minutes on a busy morning or evening.

If you are going to look amongst the letting agencies for a shared house here get in touch. I can advise which of the areas of Bournemouth, Ringwood and Christchurch are convenient.

Good luck finding something!

clubley
5th Jun 2003, 00:09
Wx Man,

Don't use CCAT Cranfield. I when to CCAT, not impressed should have gone to Oxford!

Oxford as first choice, then consider GTS at Bournemouth. There is only one really good intructor at CCAT and that's the CGI

This is a crisis
5th Jun 2003, 01:54
Got a mate at EPTA at Bournemouth at the moment - doing his IR but seems well impressed with the whole setup and the staff. They have a website - have a look. (and no, I don't work for them!!)

WX Man
5th Jun 2003, 16:39
Having experienced Roger Henshaw's teaching, GTS would have been my first choice.... No, hang on, GTS would have been my ONLY choice! However, they don't do residential courses. So BCFT is looking more likely.

Added one to the list today, wondered what you chaps/chappesses think. London Met? I like the idea of doing the three modules rather than two.

Chuffer Chadley
5th Jun 2003, 17:31
WX Man

I haven't been to London Met myself, but one of my chums has just sat the first three exams with them and has a pretty long face.

I'm not convinced about the idea of doing 3 exams at a time, either- it means you'll have to use at least 3 of your 6 sittings even if you pass everything first time. If you're the confident sort, then it might suit you!

Good luck.
CC