PDA

View Full Version : Pre Brush Up Experiences

long final
4th Jun 2003, 17:56
I know this is a common question but feel that it needs to crop up periodically as the exams and schools are constantly developing.

I have six weeks before my Mod 1 brush up.

Could ppruners who has completed Mod 1 please post their experiences of the following

1 - How well did you feel you knew the syllabus pre brush up?
2 - Did you keep a record of time spend studying, if so how long?
3 - Did you feel ready/confident prior the brush up or not?
4 - What scores were you getting in the course questions?
5 - Which School did you go to?

And finally how much did your time at the brush up affect your readiness.

I hope you can take the time to reply - it sometimes feels awful lonely out here in the cold. :p

Thanks

LF

FlyingForFun
4th Jun 2003, 18:01
Hi long final. Good luck with your brush-up and exams!

1. I felt that I'd forgotten more than I'd ever learnt, if that's possible.

2. No. I kept a record of my progress (date I sent in the tests for each frame) but not the time I spent studying. One of those things I'd rather not know!

3. Not at all.

4. My technique was to do the test on the computer first, then learn the questions I'd got wrong. Only when I was consistently getting very high marks did I send the test to the school. Because of this, the fact that I got over 90% on every single progress test is probably very misleading - the marks that I was getting the first time through the test were probably closer to 70-80%, depending on subject.

5. Bristol

And finally - so much so, I can't really put it into words. Passed all 14 exams first time, with an average of over 90%, whereas I'd have been lucky to pass any (except maybe R/T) without the brush-up.

FFF
--------------

letsrock2019
4th Jun 2003, 23:25
I am using the same technik, do the test from the cd rom once, looked at the wrong questions, then did the test and I scored between 80-100% after sending the answers by e-mail.
the first scores were around 50-60%, ouch!:ugh:
worked every day a little, sometimes 30minutes, sometimes 2 or 4 hours.Depend of wether, girlfriends and beers:E(it is very important to understand,and not just to know what to answer in the questions,I have paid a fortune for this course, so my goal is to understand first)
I do not think I am more stupid than anybody else, If you take the effort and use your brain a little, I am sure you will do fine.:ok:
My school: Bristol

VFE
5th Jun 2003, 04:47
1) I felt like I knew sod all.

2) No records kept.

3) No, far from it in fact.

4) Anything from 55% to 100%

5) BGS

The brush up course at Bristol is a godsend. Fear not, if they got me through first time then they can get anyone through. Cheer up.

VFE. http://www.blastwaves.com/motorforum/images/smiles/headbangdude.gif

Capt BK
5th Jun 2003, 22:13
Same answers as VFE!

Good luck with your exams:ok:

long final
5th Jun 2003, 22:33
Thanks for the replys. I feel pretty normal now. Back to Met .....

;)

LF