PDA

View Full Version : best/worse....

eagerbeaver
4th Jun 2003, 17:10
what are your best and worse students/lessons? Just being nosey to see if anybody is having a hoot like i do sometimes....

big pistons forever
25th Jun 2003, 06:30
Best student= A guy who took 3 touch and goes to learn how to land. Honest every landing he made after the first three was well above PPL flight test standards. I always thought " natural pilot "
was just a figure of speach, but this guy really was a natural. BTW he is now one of the Canadian Airforce top CF 18 pilots.

Worst student= Now thats a tough one as I have observed so many examples of aviation incompetance:sad: I guess my vote would go to the guy who we later found out suffered from a memory disorder. He literally started all over again on every lesson. After 5 hours of utter futility, the CFI suggested he was not cut out for flying and we never saw him again:ok:

Say again s l o w l y
25th Jun 2003, 07:40
Best student was definately a page three model!;)

Worst.... Not a student, but a revalidating PPL. Too many terrible things to list here, but I must say I've never sworn at one person so much:mad:
The best bit was that after scaring the living daylights out of me for over an hour, he then argued when I refused to sign his logbook!!!! Needless to say, he was gently persuaded that he would no longer be welcome to fly our very expensive, brand new a/c.

Loony_Pilot
29th Jun 2003, 19:45
The worst are always the revalidations or PPL's that have lapsed for many years..... difficult to teach.. think they know it all already, dont listen etc etc.... I know thats a massive generalisation though.

The best.. well you come across a few naturals who are easy to teach, though I get the most satisfaction from getting the "strugglers" through

big pistons forever
1st Jul 2003, 03:53
I gave my best student. The most satisfying was a elderly gentlemen who always wanted to learn to fly. He always put it off due to pressures of school and work and family. He was now 72 and finally decided to do something for himself. He was great. He did all his homework and had such a good attitude about learning it was wonderfull to instruct him . I will never forget the look of sheer joy he had when he soloed.:D