PDA

View Full Version : ATC student, age

atcsstudent
4th Jun 2003, 16:02
Hi, I'll be 29 soon :\ , and would like to become an ATCo.
Could someone tell me the average age of students at the ATC College??????
Is the age very important or decisive during the aptitude tests and interviews????
Thanks to everyone :)

fourthreethree
4th Jun 2003, 18:34
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but the upper age limit, at least for Eurocontrol, is 25 at the time of application, or 27 if you have previous experience in ATC. Maybe others can be more enlightening.:(

atcsstudent
4th Jun 2003, 18:38
Thanks 433, but I meant NATS.
The age limit is 30, but I think that if you're younger, the more chances you get, isn't it this way?? I hope not:O :O
Thanks again!!!

dannyo
4th Jun 2003, 18:59
hi there!

Upper age limit for sending in your application form for NATS - you have to be under 30 yrs old.

If you are still 29, send the form in now, it doesn't matter if you take the tests when you are 30!

It certainly doesn't matter if you are over 30 when you start the training because I'm 30 in February next year and start the training in October next year!!

Best of Luck

Andrew M
5th Jun 2003, 08:12
Also, they will take into consideration if you have previous aviation experience:

(From the application info booklet) Applicants over the age of 30 may be considered if they have extensive relevant aviation experience. (Also: ) Applications remain valid for a 12 month period from the date of application.

Hope this is of help :)

(Edited due to out-of-place smily that wasn't meant to be in the post)

atcsstudent
5th Jun 2003, 16:49
Thank you Dannyo (Congratulations!!!!!) and Andrew M, I'll send my application form right now!!!!!
See ya!!!!!:ok:

von
6th Jun 2003, 07:01
I took my tests aged 29 last year and I start training in Oct this year. Glad you applied - be nice to have another person around who remembers Tiswas.

Gonzo
6th Jun 2003, 07:24
Tiswas?

Were they a pop group or something?

:cool:

Gonzo.

atcsstudent
6th Jun 2003, 16:55
Hope to see you soon in Bornemouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

foghorn
6th Jun 2003, 21:39
I got my form in two months before my 30th birthday and was accepted, have passed the initial test but have had my interview put off until October due to the HR move to Swanwick.

If you have previous aviation experience they are flexible with this (I have a CPL/IR).

45 before POL
7th Jun 2003, 06:01
I'll be in my mid 30's! by the time I start at the college.. previous ATC experience taken into account.

Good to see you apply....see previous threads about application tests etc......Very useful.

Foghorn goodluck in October...remember, motivation and preparation go a long way towards a successful interview.

:ok:

foghorn
7th Jun 2003, 18:37
Cheers 45 before POL! Enjoy the college now - I guess you'll still be there when (if) I start!