PDA

View Full Version : BA to Luanda doing well?

donder10
3rd Jun 2003, 06:24
Just wondering if anybody knows how this relatively recently reinserted service is doing?It looks like AF reduced from 2 weekly to 1 weekly after BA have started up again-can anybody please confirm or repute this?Also,would it be better for BA to have an afternoon departure as to allow connections from the US to go straight off(when it was operated from LGW it left around 12)?
Cheers,D10

CandyBender
3rd Jun 2003, 08:15
Whilst the LAD route was due to start from LGW, launch was put off for almost 2 years & the service never actually flew from LGW. Since launch it has always been a LHR service.

donder10
4th Jun 2003, 01:49
Thanks,my statement was based on looking through an old LGW timetable!

flyingdutchman
4th Jun 2003, 05:33
Had the pleasure of going to LAD on a BA B777.

A half empty, or half full..., aircraft. Much the same on the return flight.

See the service is now operated by a B 767.

:hmm:

engineoff
4th Jun 2003, 23:45
Not surprised it's only half full at £1150 for a return fare..... Just been investigating the subject and it seems connections via Johannesburg are the way to go!

Tapinhas
5th Jun 2003, 00:57
Best way to go is via Lisbon(LIS)..as TAP Air Portugal is the European Airline with the most flight to Angola(LAD).
4 weekly flights at peek,using Airbus 340,with excellent connections to Europe(LHR.LGW,AMS...you name it)

leading edge
5th Jun 2003, 04:12
I have used BA from LAD to LHR and onward to the USA a couple of times now but it was a 777 not a 767.

I agree, connections are a bit difficult at the time of arrival into LHR but in my opinion, it beats LAD JHB ATL hands down.

AF stopped the second flight into LAD over a year ago and it wasn't anything to do with BA but was intended to give TAG more flights LAD to CDG. AF now only flies into LAD on a Tuesday.

LE

donder10
5th Jun 2003, 06:47
Why is the return flight from LAD such a late one?Crew maximum hours issues?
Have many times per week do TAAG fly into CDG?

CandyBender
5th Jun 2003, 17:22
That's exactly the reason donder.....the crew get a min rest layover, with BA anyway.