PDA

View Full Version : Exam results

jamup
2nd Jun 2003, 08:30
Hi can somebody tell me who recently finished there CPl and went for an interviewe , ddoes airlines always check the exam results that u have done at the cpl and Ir level as well as ATPL level,

repply appciciated

JAMUP

CheekyVisual
2nd Jun 2003, 17:19
If you have the required licence in your hands then you have passed the exams ! That is all 99% of potential employers are interested in. This may not be the case if you are straight from a 509 course with low hours looking to get straight into BA, although only the lucky few will know that for sure.

In the real world, at interview all the airline wants to know is that you have the minimum licence they require, the minimum experience they have asked for and you have a personality that will fit in ! Oh yes and they will probably ask you to fly a sim just to prove you know which way is up.

jamup
2nd Jun 2003, 20:21
cheaky visual ,
thanks for your comments , I was really worried though I have passed my exams does not look good since I have done lots of resists, anyway whats your background,, looking forward to hear from u mate ,,,,

cheers

jamup

cfb
5th Jun 2003, 06:05
Jamup,
Maybe you might consider the Airline Recruiting Captain who intends to appoint 5 new First Officers. When the news is out, he soon finds at least 150 CV's on his desk.
How will he select the 20 he intends to interview ?

ATPL pass grades, flight hours logged (especially multi) and that old chestnut, the first time IR pass.

Don't be fooled, the stamp in the book will not always guarantee the call for interview - you have to have that bit extra.

cfb

alexb757
7th Jun 2003, 00:23
In the "REAL" world you need more than mere MINIMUMS

You may be OK but I would NEVER think that if I just met the minimum requirements, that I would get a job. Indeed, I can safely say from personal experience that exceeding minimum requirements by quite a margin doesn't even guarantee an interview , let alone the offer of a job. However, that also depends which country you are talking about and whether it's a buyers or sellers market out there. One thing is for sure, aviation is one of the toughest (if not THE toughest) profession to get into & stay in. As in the real world, sometimes it's not fair and there is no doubt that competition will always rule.

My background: 3 ICAO ATP(L)s, 3 Boeing type ratings, plenty of hours, 5+ companies in two counties & laid off for the 4th time, still looking for a flying job after 7 months of unemployment!

Good luck but don't rest on your laurels.