PDA

View Full Version : Medical Emergency LGW 31/5

squeaker
1st Jun 2003, 22:49
Just a note to say thanks for the excellent ATC service we got yesterday evening when we needed to get down in a hurry.
We finished up with two pax needing medical assistance for totally unrelated reasons, and things were not helped by VHF box 2 packing up at a time when I could have really done with it to call handling agents etc.
After seeing a rubbish ATC service at ALC earlier, and a confused frenchman, it is so good to be handed over to UK ATC and know you are in the hands of the best ATC anywhere in the world.
Thanks again.

BOAC
2nd Jun 2003, 05:09
Just behind you on the way in, sq, and I fully endorse that! The controller who took all your details was well outside his 'job spec' and the whole job was brilliant (mind you, don't know how it went on the ground!). I guess it took a weight off your shoulders. V. Well done London.

I think you got a pretty 'snappy' little ILS, too, eh? Well done Director too.

expedite_climb
2nd Jun 2003, 16:36
Saw you from A2, don't often get an approach like that @ LGW eh ?? We were wondering what was up...

pilotwolf
3rd Jun 2003, 01:40
Hope it went OK on the ground...

I was there, along with AFS to meet the flight. I tended to the sickest patient and AFS dealt with the other one.

One to hospital and one to continue journey.

Sorry we delayed some of the paxs' disembarking though!

PW

stranex
3rd Jun 2003, 04:38
I was said London controller and can I just say thanks to squeaker and BOAC for their kind words. Not often we get feedback when things go well, I'll make sure your comments are passed on to those involved.

And btw BOAC, it's all part of the "job-spec"!

BOAC
3rd Jun 2003, 05:08
Thanks stranex - I'm impressed! I'd hate to try that in France/Spain/Italy/..........etc

squeaker
4th Jun 2003, 00:04
Ta stranex, as I said, much appreciated, and please pass it on to all concerned.

springbok449
7th Jun 2003, 05:01
Being based at LGW and having had an emergency there before I would like to back what has been said above about the London and Gatwick controlers: all very efficient and very helpfull.
Many thanks for your good work.
Regards, Bokkie449.

nodelay
7th Jun 2003, 22:34
Thanks for the kind words Squeaker. It was a nice tight turn on to the ILS - I hope all was well in the end with your two PAX.

Just prior to you vacating the watch manager shouted over to GMC "Mind the medical emergency he'll be going for it." A good standard ATC phrase!!

EGKK ATC