PDA

View Full Version : Aptitude tests

tampabay
1st Jun 2003, 05:22
Im British and im very interested in joining NATS to control in the UK, i read that they're are a lot of intelligence and aptitiude tests during the selection process and i was wondering if anyone knows of any site(s) which have aptitude/intelligence tests of the same "level" as that which are given during the recruitment process.

One other thing, i would also be interested in controlling in the USA ( how realistic my chances are i dont know ) so does anyone know the site(s) address of US equivalent of NATS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

rodan
1st Jun 2003, 07:52
Hiya
i was wondering if anyone knows of any site(s) which have aptitude/intelligence tests of the same "level" as that which are given during the recruitment process.
Well, I don't know of any, but a good place to start would be the thread at the top of this board. (The one about NATS interviews). Lots of useful stuff in there.

i would also be interested in controlling in the USA
Unlikely, I'm afraid. There are US controllers on this forum who will I'm sure give you the official line, and from what I have read before, you need to be a US citizen to control there. Good luck with NATS though :)

tampabay
1st Jun 2003, 23:42
Thanks for replying :ok: and i thought as much about the US controllers

bagpuss lives
2nd Jun 2003, 02:22
With reagrds to working over in the States, you'd have a better chance of working in Canada as far as I can tell. Quite a few of my colleagues are upping and moving over there supposedly, to work for NavCanada.

I don't know anything more in depth than that but it may be worth checking out if that sort of thing tickles your errrrm fancy ;)

tampabay
3rd Jun 2003, 01:55
I was thinking about Canada but i was wondering...if i have family in the States would that allow you to control there?

niknak
3rd Jun 2003, 06:51
Niteflite - correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that NavCan' are able to get as many atco cadets as they need from their own sources, it's experienced, previously validated atcos they need?

WX Man
4th Jun 2003, 00:41
For practice tests, the graduate recruitment section of the JP Morgan website is quite good (for mental agility stuff). You'll also find a selection of stuff on http://www.shl.com/