PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine Instructor Rating (faa)

smartcol
30th May 2003, 19:36
Hi,

I am considering doing a CFI in the states, however I have been offered the prospect by a school of doing my CFI, my CFII and my MEI (ALL FAA) and upon completion I will be offered a job.

This sounds a little too good to be true.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum P1 requirement, or multi time requirement or instrument time requirement before you can teach instruments on a multi, I am sure there must be ??

I have 266 hours, JAA CPL/IR with Multi Engine Rating.

Surely I would not be allowed to teach instruments on a multi having only flown it for about 35 hours ?

HELP ?

Keygrip
30th May 2003, 20:12
Scary, isn't it??

Yep- sounds feasible under the Federal regulations.

You'll also need to do FAA CPL and Instrument Ratings.

I'd be curious about the work offer unless you have the right to work in the USA.

What visa have they said they will get for you (J1? H1?) and is there a survivable income at the end of the training?

PM if you want to discuss - don't make names public (yet).

One more bit - Pprune law.....DON'T post this in more than one forum - apart from which it makes it b****y difficult for people answering to keep track!!

The Greaser
30th May 2003, 20:36
The only other limitation on obtaining an FAA MEI is to have 15 hours P1 on multi engine aircraft. I started teaching with an MEI with only about 20 hours multi time. It is not a problem if the training is good.

Good Luck