PDA

View Full Version : Fokker 100

olaf
29th May 2003, 23:45
I heard that overhauled Fokker 100's are sold for prices less than 2 million dollars! does anybody know if this is correct?

brabazon
30th May 2003, 00:09
More likely around $4 million to cover the airframe ($2.5 million) and a D check/overhaul ($1.5 million) -either way a lot lot cheaper than a new 717/A318/737-600.

Watch them roll out of the desert....

taildrag
3rd Jun 2003, 11:20
I flew F-100s for several years. Last monthly least cost demanded by Fokker was US$50,000/month, which is what Fokker said they needed to make the plane work. 'Tis said Fokker's production costs were so high in the Netherlands they had to get that much on a monthly lease, which proved difficult and was a prime reason they went out of business.

Rekkof (ha! ha!) is reportedly still trying to restart F-100 and F-70 production in China, but has a long row to hoe with the used aircraft market being what it is.

Rumour has it a friend of mine was going to be working at a startup operation in the US with F-100s, on offer at US$10,000/mo plus a bonus to the operator for each plane.

I'm guessing they were from Deutsche Bank, which apparently was left holding the proverbial bag when the bankruptcy court let USAirways dump their F-100 leases.

American Airlines still is flying their fleet, but for who knows how long?

A few years back, there was an effort to re-engine the F-28, many examples of which survive with low airframe times, with the Tay engine from the F-70. At the time, it was said the re-engined aircraft (without glass cockpit) could sell for US$9 million.

!