PDA

View Full Version : Is that school an FTO?????

fergus448
28th May 2003, 22:15
Could someone PLEASE help me here?

I am having trouble finding a definitive list of JAR approved FTO's. I went to the JAA website (jaa.nl) only to find a list containing about 5 countries only ( UK or Spain not included!). The CAA have their own list of 'CAA' approved schools but they are not really going with the spirit of the JAR regulation because the CAA does not recognise some of the JAA approved schools even though they should recognise ALL JAA approved schools - that's the whole point of the JAA isn't it?

Any way I am looking at AeroMadrid in Spain but I cannot find their name on ANY JAA or CAA list of approved FTO's. I cant commit myself and so much cash to a school unless I am 100% certain that a license from them will be recognised in every JAA member state including the UK. I live in Ireland and am 24.

Please reply,
Fergus

Send Clowns
28th May 2003, 22:44
We are all approved by the CAA under the JARs. This means that all the courses are to JAA standards and are approved to take the student to the relevant tests for a JAA qualification. This will allow you a JAA licence that can be converted by simple paperwork to any JAA nation.

Send Clowns
BCFT (approved by the CAA for most JAA courses!)

Keygrip
29th May 2003, 01:50
Clowns - not 100% sure that's what he said.....

Fergus - the list of schools on the CAA website are approved BY the UK CAA in accordance with JAR.

The school you mention MAY be JAA approved under the Spanish authorities - nothing to do with the UK CAA.

If the school IS approved under JAR then you will, no doubt, be able to transfer the credits when you return to UK.

This one is not the CAA's fault.