PDA

View Full Version : AirPalma advert

ncusack
28th May 2003, 15:20
Hi All,
Has anyone seen this crowd advertising here on Pprune?

http://www.airpalma.com/en/index.htm

They offer an integrated ATPL course for 30K(??????) according to the advert but when I called them, the guy could hardly speak English. Has anyone any experience?

Ncusack

FougaMagister
31st May 2003, 21:44
Saw an advert about them in one of the aviation mags (that I read in bookshops without buying them). £30,000 for an integrated frozen ATPL? Alarm bells should start ringing!

Beware of choosing an FTO based on price alone - I'm not saying go for the more expensive ones, but what you should be looking at is VALUE FOR MONEY. Be especially careful if you are planning an integrated course - you don't want to entrust an FTO with so much dosh without getting a clear idea of what they are really about. In other words, visit them - that way you can get to talk to students and instructors, not only management people, and you can see their installations, aircraft, teaching methods etc.

Since AirPalma are quite an unknown quantity, I would rather recommend you check out the more established Spanish FTOs if you want to train in sunny Spain (there are other threads in this forum about that). You might not get such a good deal financially, but they have a proven track record of training people from elsewhere in Europe.

Also, never pay huge amounts up front (like in Jerez for instance); I'm a great believer in "pay as you go" - it keeps the FTO looking after you if they want the next cheque...

Cheers.

despegue
1st Jun 2003, 00:06
Totally unknown in Spain!
I even doubt that they have an FTO approval.
There are several so-called schools in Spain who are never able to provide you with the promised training.
Beware...
yes, train in Spain, but do so at the established FTO's who are member of EAAPS.

Airmed International Flight School (www.airmed.es)
is the school where I did my training. Excellent value for money, I can recommend them to anyone. Best part is the 40h on the A320 6-axis sim. for your MCC. No it is not levelD like in Madrid, but you do not see nor feel the difference. Trust me, I did both. Plus, it is an MCC, not a type rating course...

other good FTO's in Spain are Bae Jerez a (lot more expensive but they do have a posh pool and a whorehouse nearby...)and Aeromadrid.

Stratocaster
1st Jun 2003, 18:37
Has the whorehouse been approved and certified by the Spanish DGAC ? I hope the girls have a JAR-FCL license...

:)

ncusack
1st Jun 2003, 19:22
H Guys,
Yes I have to agree on this crowd. Now I am not here to bash them but I called twice and neither secretaries could speak enough english to take my email address.

Neither could tell me anything but would send me an email. Obviously a premeditated set of marketing BS.

I will wait for the mail and post it. I will also have a quick look and let people know what I find.

Later
Ncusack