PDA

View Full Version : Private Aviation at EGPK (aka Prestwick, UK)

Andrew M
25th May 2003, 04:14
Hi there folks,

I just wanted to know exactly how many clubs there are at Prestwick. As far as I was concerned there was only 2: the one named Ayroplanes, and the other Prestwick Flying Club.

However, then I found out there was Prestwick Flight Center and Clan Air - cannot get Clan Air at their website address as published in the Guide - the site loads a blank screen :rolleyes: .

My point is - how many is there actually - I counted 4 - and what one is the best ?

with thanks,
Andrew M (PPL Wannabe :) )

nosewheelfirst
25th May 2003, 07:12
Depends what you want from your flying. The flying club is a club and so prices reflect that, they are much lower than the flight center. I think we have the cheapest 4 seater rates in central Scotland but then there are no full time instructors or potted plants in the club house. The flight centre from what I have seen looks like a good outfit and they have just purchased a new C172, very nice indeed. Pop your head in someday at both places and take a look.:ok:

Andrew M
25th May 2003, 07:22
I'll come over during the summer months and have a trial lesson at the centre, and if the place/people don't please me then it'll be the club.

Anybody heard of Clan Air though !?! :confused: