PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Namibia

the kebabman
25th May 2003, 01:14
I'm hoping to have completed my JAA ATPL from Jerez before summer 2004, and have been told there may be a job going in Namibia. Does anyone know if I can fly commercially there on my UK JAA license? Any help would be great cheers, kebabman

Capt BK
25th May 2003, 01:55
Im afraid I don't know anything about license details but I can say that Namibia is one of the most beautiful countries I have been to and if I could fly anything there for even a short time I would pull all the strings I could! Unfortunately I don't have any strings to get hold of, never mind pull!

If you can, go for it and come back on the forums to tell us all about it and make me jealous:D :D

USE THE RUDDERS
25th May 2003, 05:25
A very hard place to get into.
Applied to numerous operators in 2001/2002,I hold a SA Cpl/me/ir and was told it is very differcult for foreigners to get
work permits.

I believe Nambia has a policy where only nationals are given priority,saying that I know alot of South Africans work out there.

Hope this helps.

the kebabman
26th May 2003, 18:24
Cheers for the replies. I was only asking because īa friend of a friendī said that they would see about taking me on when I graduate. Apparently he runs a sightseeing or skydiving business. I know the lack of knowledge wont help me gain any more, but surely itīs easier to get a job with a smaller outfit than an airline? or does it really not matter when trying to find work outside of the UK?

Thanks again, kebabman.