PDA

View Full Version : Choice of school - How important is it?

spinnygirl
24th May 2003, 17:15
I'm currently looking into getting my IR/CPL and find myself wondering does it really matter where I get my licence's from.

Will the airlines look at me more favourably if I have a CPL from OAT/CCAT or will my flying experience since gaining my CPL over-write where I studied?:confused:

jar66_b2
24th May 2003, 17:52
I wouldn't think that it'd matter as much to the airlines but it might be more to do with the quality to the teaching and what you can get out of it to pass exams etc.

After all, you're spending quite large sums of money for them to help you through the exams and would you be really happy handing over £1000's for someone that just chucks a set of notes at you and expects you to read them on your own while he/she tells old war stories or would you prefer someone that offers excellent tuition and is also available after class should you have any problems?

I'm doing JAR66 aircraft maintenance and have had dealing with two different organisations which offer training to the same standard as they have had to be approved etc. But once you receive the tuition you wouldn't think they were meant to cover the same.

Hope this helps