PDA

View Full Version : Groundstar @ NCL

transwede
23rd May 2003, 04:02
Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes!

Apparantly Groundstar at NCL are risking loosing 3 major contracts, basically because of check in delays and inexperienced staff! Britannia, Air Scandic and a foreign carrier have been closely watching them and the management of the airlines are not happy!

Look out Servisair, back to the old days when you handled everything I think! :p

Ok I made a **** up.

This should have gone in ground operations forum!

Still...........................:O

redfield
23rd May 2003, 22:22
"Swings and Roundabouts" as they say. Servisair used to handle everything, lately Groundstar have had the bulk of the flights. I'd be surprised if Brittania went back to Servisair - they went to Groundstar because "they wanted to have a different handling agent at one airport" for whatever reason. Never understaood that personally.....

lagerloutflyer
24th May 2003, 02:46
redfield don't be surprised if Britannia goes back to Servisair, I think they may have learn't their lesson. Nobody at Britannia NCL seems to be happy with Groudstar at the moment and haven't been for a while. Loosing pax, late departures, chronic check in, horrendous ques etc. Management at BY have realised due to the level of complaints and are seriously evaluating the situation.

As for Scandic, they are building up a decent reputation for themselves, indeeed carsurvey.org has some excellent write ups on them, so they deserve a good ground product, something Groundstar aint giving at the minute it seems!

carbootking
25th May 2003, 01:55
iv heard a rumour that service air r going to buy groundstar

redfield
25th May 2003, 04:00
Hang on a sec: didn't Globeground just buy Servisair?????

ohitsmonday
25th May 2003, 22:57
No, Penuille (French company, spelt wrongly) own both S/air and GG.