PDA

View Full Version : A320 goes Xcountry

Standard Noise
22nd May 2003, 18:28
Rumours abound of a little problem last Thursday at BHD. Apparently a BMI A320 was sent to the wrong holding point and ended up with his wheels leaving the crumbling concrete.:ouch:

Info is not very forthcoming, understandable really, bit embarrassing that. Anyone shed any light?

Ooh-arr! Ooh-arr!

KingoftheRoad
22nd May 2003, 19:48
This note on the Aerodrome taxi chart should give you the clue :

See Note 2 on the Aerodrome plate D1, 'Twy A3 restricted to acft less than 45 tonne with wingspan less then 32.5m/107ft.'

Roger Miller.

eastern wiseguy
22nd May 2003, 21:24
Dear oh dear ....never would have happened in your time....perhaps Tower Danger will tell us what happened:O

Standard Noise
23rd May 2003, 00:18
KotR - you don't need to quote the bits and pieces to me, I worked at BHD up to 4 weeks ago and as Eastern says, it wouldn't have happened in my day, well not by my hand anyway.

Spill the beans my beloved former colleagues, the ppruning public has a right to know!

Ooh-arr! Ooh-arr!

go_around
23rd May 2003, 17:21
Hey Noisy - we`ll have a bit less of this "sent to the wrong holding point" :D I have it on very good authority he was sent to A2 but overshot ever so slightly;) It was as far to go forward as it was to be pushed back so rather than sit and watch him sink it was thought best to keep him moving. All things considered it worked out very well - some mud on the outside wheel on the starboard side - back to stand for a quick look by the engineers and of he went on his merry way!!:O

Standard Noise
23rd May 2003, 18:58
Ah go_around me old chuffer! I'm only going on what I've been told by some of your esteemed colleagues. Another six months like this and Mikey Bish will start to think the City is jinxed.

As for overshooting "ever so slightly", that's why they give us lovely big windows, so we can see if something is going wrong and correct it.
It nearly happened to me last week, landing A320 tried to vacate using the wrong (too small) taxiway, and if it hadn't of been for the big see through glass thingies, I'd never have seen it and stopped him from making an arse of himself!;)

fadec_primary_channel
23rd May 2003, 18:58
There was never a threat of sinking, the rest of g/a's thread is nearly correct.
cheers:)

higher
23rd May 2003, 20:32
AN A320 WITH OFF ROAD TYRES ON, NOW THATS 1 FOR GOODYEAR:cool: :cool: