PDA

View Full Version : Blimey, That was Quick!

Chuffer Chadley
20th May 2003, 16:52
So what's all this talk of ten working days, with delays due to bank hols and stuff?!

I am officially a happy bunny- all module 1 passed first time. Apart from Air Bore, sorry, Law (88%), all in the nineties. So I'd like to thank my Mum, my girlfriend, and also Roger, Dave and Pete- the excellent instructors at GTS; without whom none of this would have been possible.

Anyone else?

Good luck chaps and chapesses.

Ciao!
CC

Capt BK
20th May 2003, 17:53
Yup, i'm bouncing around the room and counting the minutes till the pub opens too! (14at the moment)

Just passed BGS Mod 2 (Only Just!) so would just like to thank Alex and the crew for getting me through them - if you had taught me for my A levels I would probably have passed all of them as well!

Alex - You should write "An idiots guide to GPS" - I can still picture your examples and probably will for the rest of my life! For those of you that haven't had the pleasure, its hilarious and it works!

I can't believe it!!!

Rote 8
20th May 2003, 19:23
Also had the good news this morning, all 14 are now in the bag. I can only re iterate Capt BK's comments about the guys at Bristol and add my own personal thanks to Alex, Tom, Ken, Baz, Colin, Noush and Jacqueline for excellent tuition and support. I would also like to thank the lovely Cranfield invigilators and the honey behind the bar at the Star & Garter in Silsoe, who kept me going through the hard times.

Capt BK – Don’t Forget – Station 500A

Oopps

Thanks also to Mike - who taught me almost everything I know about cavitation in low pressure centrifugal type fuel pumps - and a few other bits and bobs.

Dusty_B
20th May 2003, 20:31
Another one for the boys at BGS :ok:

Appart from IFR Comms (in which I knew I had got two wrong as soon as we were out of the building - 86%), all were 94% and above, including two with full marks (VFR Comms and M&B).

:E

1.32vmd
20th May 2003, 21:18
Got all 14 now aswell, thanks to PH @ ccat, oh and the bird @ the Star'n' Garter!!!

Jarvy
20th May 2003, 21:28
4/5 Mod 2 BGS passed, failed Air Law with 74%, must be due
to advancing years and loss of brain cells. Too late
to retake in June will have to wait till July. Well done
to everyone!!!!

VFE
20th May 2003, 21:29
Top marks go to Bristol Groundschool! I recommend them above all others.

Passed all mine in mod one. What was that someone was saying about light at the end of tunnel? ;)

Thanks again to Alex and all at BGS. :ok:

VFE.

Dean Johnston
20th May 2003, 23:00
Well done to everyone. I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, then realised it was Alex with a torch bringing me some more question papers.

Capt BK
21st May 2003, 18:59
Rote 8,

Good to hear you wrapped them all up too! That rear end from The Star and Garter was simply amazing wasn't it - I think i'll have a shave and pop down on the off chance:D :D

Re. LP centrifugal pumps, is that cavitating or vapour locked:D :confused: :D . If the rumour I hear about Mike is true I wish him well and a swift recovery:ok:

Cessna Boy
22nd May 2003, 03:17
:D
Ah Cessna Boy comes in from work to find the dreaded one! (No not the wife)
Well BGS you have done it again!
8 out of 8 Mod 1 (Avg 91%)

Big, Big thanks to Alex, Baz, Ken, Tom, Noush, Jaq and any others I missed.

I still cant believe it.

Mod 2 bring it on.

Regards to all who took the exams, and wishing you all the best of luck with your results! :ok:

silverknapper
2nd Jun 2003, 19:07
Well done guys

Mind if i ask a couple of questions, particularly to the BGS guys. How long did module 1 take you? When you went to the brush up were you very confident or was it the brush up that really consolidated it? Also did you mostly use the notes or cd?

cheers

Jarvy
3rd Jun 2003, 20:18
Mostly notes but the CD has same pretty cool animation
on it. Time for mod 1 ,4 months but I have already done
the old CAA stuff 6 months seems about average but it
depends on you. Went to brush up thinking I knew very
little so they really bring you on till you feel confident
in the exams.

silverknapper
3rd Jun 2003, 20:30
Thanks jarvy

i am on mod 1 at present and guess not feeling too confident, it is a lonely way to do it!!

cheers

SK