PDA

View Full Version : Aptitude tests

slow_bird1
19th May 2003, 23:48
Does any one know where i can do some sample aptitude tests?

parris50
22nd May 2003, 07:09
Yes, you need to talk to GAPAN who organise aptitude tests at RAF Cranwell. Costs about £150 for the day and you get a briefing, and hour and a half, or so, of computerised tests and a debrief where they tell you chances of succeeding as a pilot.

I did them and think it's a good idea to do them before investing lage amounts of money in training.

High Wing Drifter
2nd Jun 2003, 15:28
Be aware that GAPAN only test your 3D perception and flight control abilities, not your mental appropriateness (is there such a word?)

TRon
3rd Jun 2003, 06:00
If you mean hand eye co-ordination ones I dont know of any personally.

Most of the places I have been to (bar CTC) use Phsycometric testin (BA when they were sponsoring and Britannia). A good place to get practice is from The Times Testing Series. You can get them from Amazon.co.uk not sure on the price, but they come from SHL who BA used, and are similar to the Britannia ones, although they used an antiquated american test from an aviation recruitment consultancy who advertise in the back of flight whose name escapes me.

Hope this helps.

SunderlandMatt
5th Jun 2003, 16:52
dtrevatt,

If you've got the cash, I'd give Oxford Aviation Training (http://www.oxfordaviation.net/) a call. They do a 3 day battery of tests. All the details are on their site. It all costs £140ish, but from the looks of it, it's a good indicator of your overall skills and potential. I contacted them and they got back to me straight away. Seemed like a decent bunch :ok: , and they've got the reputation everyone wants.

Good luck :cool: