PDA

View Full Version : Dreamers Own Up!

CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE
19th May 2003, 22:58
JUST WONDERING HOW MANY OF THE SO CALLED 'WANNABES' ON THIS SITE CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD TO BECOME AIRLINE PILOTS, AND ALSO, HOW MANY, (THOSE WHO POST THIER VIEWS ON THIS FORUM), ARE LEADING PEOPLE DOWN THE GARDEN PATH!, WITH SO CALLED EXPERIENCES AND ASPIRATIONS/ LICENSES OBTAINED ETC ETC YAP YAP. I MEAN COME ON! SOME OF YOU ARE HAVIN A LAUGH! OWN UP! AND THOSE WHO REALLY CAN AFFORD IT........CAN YOU LEND ME A TENNER?
THIS IS MY FIRST POST!
LOVE YOU ALL
XX

p.savage
19th May 2003, 23:25
Millionaire,

Great first post:mad: , may I suggest you take your Caps Lock off and use proper typing, before you get a lot of abuse. Good. Now we have that sorted lets move on.

Welcome to PPRuNe. You will find everything you need to know on this site. Search it carefully before you post.

Let me tell you boyo, many wannabes are gonnabes because many can afford it or their families can afford it for them.

No body will lend you ANYTHING with an attitude like that. You will learn that from these forums. I did, I am now training for my fATPL.

Change the attitude and others will help you. I sure wouldn't like to be stuck on a flight deck with you, if you have an attitude like that.

Savage

FlyingForFun
19th May 2003, 23:28
Nice first post - welcome. :rolleyes:

Yes, I can afford it. I've been working in another industry for 7 years. I have enough money in the bank that, together with my income, I can afford to pay for my training over several years. I have a number of plans for how I'm going to be able to afford the pay-cut which I will almost certainly take when I get my first flying job - the plan I use will depend on the size of the pay-cut.

As you say, you'd be pretty mad to commit to spending several tens of thousands of pounds for a poorly-paid job without having some kind of financial plan. I assume that all the Wannabes I speak to have a plan, but with the exception of some of my closer friends, I generally mind my own business unless someone specifically wants to talk to me for advice.

FFF
-----------

boeingbus2002
19th May 2003, 23:38
Well there are plenty who cannot afford it right now, however they use these boards for ideas and inspriation to keep working towards their goal.
Many work outside aviation for years to save up, then take the plunge and complete their training.
Some who save up may come accross other reasons why they cannot continue thier dream...medical reasons..family commitments etc.
So your answer...everyones a dreamer....and most choose to make those a reality.

divorcingjack
20th May 2003, 02:27
Millionaire,

Do you want to be a pilot ? I do. I have dreamt of doing nothing else since I was 5 years old. Now, after finishing my degree, I am plunging myself willingly into a seemingly bottomless pit of debt, with little hope of a job in the current climate. I am a student, I have debts .. but nowhere near the levels that some contributors to this forum have. What they do have is a passionate and undefeated devotion to their dream and the determination that nothing will stop them from achieving it. Nothing. If I was one of them, and hopefully, in the future, I will be - I wouldn't lend you a tenner, as I would have the distinct feeling that as well as not having enough sense to learn from those that have gone before (and succeeded), you were also extremely arrogant, expecting other people to support you. Do it yourself.

As I said to my careers advisor .. "If all I cared about was getting a sensible job earning lots of money, I would BE an accountant". Perhaps you should consider this option before posting again.

mad_jock
20th May 2003, 02:44
Hurray Rouchener is back.

Hows it going? Still a **** is see.

never mind

MJ

Wee Weasley Welshman
20th May 2003, 04:06
As head gardener with special responsibilty for the path welcome to PPRuNe although I guess you've been here before in other guises.

CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE
20th May 2003, 17:37
Mad_Jock now we know how you got your name!!
Tel us what planet are you from?
You should be training to be an Astronaught not a pilot, so you can fly yourself back to Mars!
Dont post on my threads again with your fowl language!
OK MATEY!

Capt BK
20th May 2003, 17:46
He's Back:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE
20th May 2003, 18:13
whos back? havent got the foggiest! ive only had 2 posts! never used this site before OK! You people do your petty bickering elsewhere! never mind "He's Back" ! cant stand petty comments! Bluesky-that comment was not asked for, ask Mad_Jock for a lift on his space shuttle! and Keep dreamin about the unbelievably generous bank manager at the HSBC that sells loans for dreams.

divorcingjack
20th May 2003, 20:36
OK OK..

I tried to be nice in my initial reply to this post, but you really have taken it too far now. Grow up and get over your jealousy of people who have the guts to do something you will never achieve.

You've only posted twice ? That's two times too many in my opinion.

jack

stevethescotspilot
20th May 2003, 20:54
cashmoneymillionaire, I don't know you, (as others seem to do), but for those of us who (thankfully) have had no business with you before, I find your comments (especially regarding dreaming about bank managers with money to fund dreams) extremely callous. I'm about to start ATPL training in September and the risk and sacrifice my father is making to put me through this course is unbelievable.
However, he does it because he wants the best for his son and I do it because a career in aviation is the only career I have ever contemplated, and it's the same for countless people the world over.
Everyone who is genuine about flying deserves all the good fortune and assistance they can get, and I hope that we all succeed in our goal one day.
However, I doubt you are even a pilot if that's how you think. Did you post that just to try and wind everybody up? If you did:
1) you've succeeded, and
2)that is amazingly shallow

you've got some cheek asking US to lend YOU a tenner!

Chuffer Chadley
20th May 2003, 21:06
Ignore him and he'll go away.

Boredom is the most potent weapon when dealing with irritants such as small brothers and Ronchonner/Lovefly/Cash.

Ciao.
CC

Pilot Pete
20th May 2003, 21:14
At the risk of giving credibility to this wind up, lets just point out a few facts.

1. The majority of airline pilots in the UK paid for their own training.

2. Affordability is relative. Spread a loan over a long time and it becomes more affordable, even if you end up paying more back.

3. The majority of UK airline pilots who were self improvers had some form of loan to complete their training.

4. Blueskyrich mentions it's the biggest risk that many of us will make. In the big scheme of things I'd say the biggest risk I ever took was as a teenager when I stupidly ran across a road and nearly got hit by a fast moving car. This is a big financial risk, but won't directly kill you. Arguably, getting your first mortgage (a similar amount) is just as risky, especially if you buy at the hieght of the market.....been there, done that.

5. Yes, first flying jobs (non-jet especially) tend to be low paying, but, with experience and a determination to progress you can see your salary double from the £20k mentioned within 3 to 4 years. Done that, as have many, many others.

6. It's Darwin's theory again. There will be those who will make it and those who won't. It's down to determination and a will to not give up, despite the setbacks.

7. Wannabes are more aware than ever just how difficult qualification and employment in this industry are. A great deal of the credit for making this information available to them must go to this website. Those who decide to go ahead and train with this knowledge show a marked level of stupidity, sorry, determination! And we all know which ones get the jobs.......it's not the stupid ones.

8. There are those who are ill advised to pursue such a career, we've all come across them during our training and all you can do is sit and wonder how they will ever get employed. Thank God we do not live in a (completely) nanny state and these people have the freedom to do what they wish to do. Sites like this highlight the risks, but it's an individuals choice to borrow and spend, just like in any other walk of life. Why should aviation training be any different?

Keep the perspective and the determination Wannabes.

PP

steamchicken
20th May 2003, 21:58
"Hey - I'm rich! So I must be a god! Or at least I think I am! Die die die cheese eatin' loser state scum!"

I forget who it was that said "If you're so clever, why aren't you rich?" isn't the point. If you're so great, why are you so ignorant? That's more important!"

CMM, we don't need you.

CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE
20th May 2003, 23:15
Seeing as ive got under all of your skin (<Giggles), and also seeing as its time to "jump on the badwagon of insults for newcomers". i have to defend myself here!
Just showing how sensitive you all are proves my point for my original topic. You have all got your heads well above 44,000ft!!! looking down on a 757 flying to alicante.
As for name calling (Nugget, irritant etc etc) to someone you dont even know, please dont call someone names you wouldnt be prepared to call them to ther face! very rude and very cowardly.

Divorcing Jack-If you feel i wont achieve pilot status you obviously know an auwful lot? dont make presumptions about people you dont know.

stevethescotspilot-(nice to meet you too!) as for your comments, you sounded like you were about to bawl your eyeballs out such was the sesitivity of that one! Your dad will certainly be bawling his eyes out when the balifs knock on his door to reposses the property for the pilots loan in a couple of years, when you are still working in a toothpaste factory.

The people who, on this site, who are thinking of taking out bank loans for 40/50K !!!! (much is the talk) do me a favour..............Get Real! Do you know what the repayments are on that kind of loan? Secured or Not! Compared to a 20/30K pilots salary.And, unlike a motgage, theres no way you will get a professional/ career loan over a 25 year term. They'll want paying back pronto! The interes alone on that loan is well over 400 per month!

Ive got nothing against any of you, just wanted to find out on this site who was telling the truth. Was certainly not putting people down or dampening their aspirations! Just wanted to find out who was clouding the facts!

anyway thanks for participating!

I just know there are gonna be some more insults on this thread coming along very shortly.............................................so predictable are you all !

I hope the moderators take note!

Dufwer
20th May 2003, 23:36
Well put Mr. Millionare. And on my screen, about 4 inches below your last post appeared the following words :-
As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

mad_jock
21st May 2003, 00:22
I actually think this **** serves quite a good service to the wannabies. Allows them to vent there aggression on a thick skinned prick.

Not many people would set themselves up like a gimp as he does.

Don't worry wannabies if i remember rightly this plonker failed his JAR medical due to a sexually trasmitted disease which from its discription sounded like sheep scab. So then told us all we were fools for not doing a FAA ticket because it was cheaper.

Or it could be a cunning fATPl who is trying to put people off so the market will improve.

MJ

High Wing Drifter
21st May 2003, 04:00
Why do people even reply to these bozos...

...whoops!

Jimbo-in-debt
21st May 2003, 04:16
CashMoneyMillionaire - you say in your post on the 'HSBC details' thread that you've "looked into various ways of funding" - haven't we all. And you go on to say "I don't think there is any magic to obtaining pilot training...you either HAVE the money, or you DON'T!"

Well you obviously haven't got the money or else you wouldn't have investigated funding. So, out of interest, how are you planning to pay for your training?

Capt BK
21st May 2003, 16:45
cahmoneymillionaire,

What do you mean "who's back"? Your back - obviously:hmm:

scroggs
23rd May 2003, 19:11
CASHMONEYMILLIONAIRE is banned - for now - from these forums. He will not be back unless he learns, and promises, to moderate his outbursts. This kind of aggressive, antagonistic post is not welcome in Wannabes - but is food and drink to those, far more intelligent than CMM, in Jet Blast....

Scroggs

divorcingjack
24th May 2003, 00:46
woohoo !!

Thanks scroggs, wise choice.

dj

flapsforty
24th May 2003, 01:57
Oi Scroggs! :ooh:

Even in Jetblast we have better taste than that mate. http://digilander.libero.it/doniuccia/faccine/Felici/cutie.gif