PDA

View Full Version : Flight Routing - KLM AMS-LIM

airsmiles
19th May 2003, 01:56
I am on KLM741 Amsterdam-Bonaire-Lima on 25 May. Does anyone know what sort of routing it may take ? In particular, I would like to know if it crosses southern england (i.e. my home) and, at the other end, whether I may see anything of the Amazon basin/Andes when approaching Lima.

Thanks in anticipation

airsmiles

WX Man
20th May 2003, 01:01
Not too sure about the oceanic sector, but out of EHAM you would probably go via REFSO-LAM.

PENKO
20th May 2003, 04:17
Not sure, it really depends on the winds and the Atlantic tracks I guess. I flew AMS-Curacao-AMS a lot as pax. Sometimes we flew over Landsend coming back, or the A25 via BCN (just above Bristol), and last week even France. So it depends.

airsmiles
20th May 2003, 05:59
Looks like its pretty variable then.

Penko, were the Curacao flights MD-11's ? If so, did they have seat back videos and moving map displays to track the route ?

airsmiles

PENKO
20th May 2003, 07:40
I'm pretty sure you'll fly an MD11 to Lima. Seatback video's are only available in Business class, in economy they display the flightmap on the overhead displays at the stewardess' discretion, if you know what I mean. But usually it's still on when flying over the UK, so it might just be your lucky day!

Get that window seat now if you can, don't wait till check-in or you will be in for a very boring flight, asking yourself why those stupid pax close their shades all the time, even at night! I mean, why did they ask for a window seat in the first place! (sorry, still frustrated about last saturday, had to ride middle seat in the middle row (not with KLM this time))