PDA

View Full Version : Question for aviation examiners (of any kind)

Keygrip
19th May 2003, 00:10
I've been watching the pages of the "Instructor" forum for some time and wondered if examiners had anything to say to each other - or ask each other - that they didn't want to discuss in a public forum.

I suggested to the people with the keys, that a password protected, entry by permission, Examiner forum be made available - similar to the numerous airline forums that you cannot enter unless you work for the airline.

The suggestion fell on stony ground - and the response was to change the title of the forum into "Instructors and Examiners" - but that doesn't get round the security side of it being open to absolutely anybody with an internet connection.

Any thoughts - would it be worthwhile - or a waste of bandwidth?

PM the answer if you don't want to give away your status.

justanotherflyer
19th May 2003, 15:57
but that doesn't get round the security side of it being open to absolutely anybody with an internet connection."

There may be some things examiners would like to discuss in secret. But surely the instructor community would also be well served by an open discussion between them on various topics, and by their intervention into other people's topics.

I recall the "eye of the examiner" series in Flying magazine. Most illuminating.

C'mon guys.... share your wisdom.

CaptAirProx
19th May 2003, 16:54
Any info I would want to share with fellow examiners would be regarding the performance of an individual candidate on test. To be honest not something that should be aired on here. In anycase, my decision making process for this kind of thing is based on playing to the "spirit" of the rules and gut feeling. Thats personal.

However, any questions I would share with one and all are just regarding the bloody rules and regs and what has changed recently and how to understand these half baked forms the CAA print with numerous errors and contradictions. This sort of stuff is aired already in this forum.

So to my mind great idea but not really useful to me.

DesiPilot
23rd May 2003, 11:27
Great Idea Keygrip,

I see one problem though. The CAA does not publish an Examiners list, not on thier website anyway. How would PPRuNe find out whether someone is an examiner or not.

I can see many topics that examiners may want to discuss in privacy. I am sure if there are things that can be shared in public we wont mind sharing in the Instrucrtors forum.

Just my pennies worth.

Cheers,
Jatin

Aesir
2nd Jun 2003, 07:06
I agree that we examiners could certainly use a private forum and IŽdo not see any problem with instructors beiing included, after all examiners are instructors too!!!

There are many things I would like to discuss with fellow examiners, but which I do not post here, because I do not want everyone to be included.

And Pprune could require that examiners disclose their JAR examiners authorisation number for entry??? However that does not allow instructors to access..

B.R.

IS/FE,FIE,IRE/0XX

SiClick
10th Jun 2003, 04:02
It sounds like a good idea to me!
One problem with using the JAR auth number for entry would be you would be excluding examiners from non JAR countries. I work in a country that follows JAR, but is not a signatory. We don't have many examiners, and hence we would benefit more than most from access to other examiners experiences.
I hope it happens
SiClick
TRE/IRE/FE/FIE - FOI

FormationFlyer
10th Jun 2003, 15:01
Would that be the same JAR Examiner auth number that examiners put onto documentation - which is then given to everyone? :)