PDA

View Full Version : GLA Departures for Ufea Cup

hh rip
18th May 2003, 07:20
Does any one have a sched of the planned departures for Glasgow for the Ufea Cup final 21May?
How many aircraft are going where SVQ/XRY/AGP/FAO
Sure is going be fun !!!

billyg
18th May 2003, 16:13
There is a provisional list of what is expected at :

www.egpf.co.uk

surely not
18th May 2003, 17:09
I hear Cardiff is manning up for these flights as well:D :ok: :p ;)

Tom the Tenor
18th May 2003, 18:45
Yes, and here in the real Hibernian capital of Cork Jetmagic are also running a flight for Celtic fans to Seville with one of their brand new ERJ 145s! Up Celtic!

MerchantVenturer
18th May 2003, 20:26
I checked the link provided above and find that sixty odd flights are listed. Assuming an average capacity of about 220 this gives a total load of about 15,000 fans.

I thought that Celtic was taking 25,000 to the match with numerous others travelling in hope. Does this mean that many are going by land and sea, or is the suggestion that flights are leaving other UK/Irish airports a sign that a significant proportion of supporters is travelling by air from elsewhere, especially from Ireland?

Good luck to Celtic and good luck to Porto (one of our twinned cities). May the better team on the day win.

groundhugger
19th May 2003, 05:42
and I thought Hibernian played there football (ok brand of football) in Edinburgh (scotlands capital):D :D

sparkymarky
19th May 2003, 18:23
Celtic are rumoured to be taking ~50,000 supporters - from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Prestwick, Ireland, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, etc.

Check out all FlyBe, Jet2, Ryanair, etc. flights to Spain/Portugal this week. You won't find many empty seats!

Other fans are flying for example to Gatwick to connect with BA/Iberia flights.

And of course the Costas are already full of fans who went out on 1 week package deals.

mickey71
20th May 2003, 07:19
hi,

just been reading the posts on flights ex gla,servisair are handling 75 departures over the next two days and have
requested any staff willing,can go to gla flights and hotel
paid for to help dispatch.

good luck celtic and good luck to any servisair satff who go to
gla,hard work but fun,showing my age i remember the 1993
euorpean cup final sampdoria v barcelona, stansted handled
approx 95% of the flights!

FastJet Wannabe
20th May 2003, 16:29
I'm a Servisair employee at STN. Around 20 of us were aproached to go to GLA to help. Yesterday it was cancelled - apparently there are enough staff going from EDI etc to not require STN based staff. Good to luck to you all!

carbootking
20th May 2003, 18:16
i work at stansted and a lot off celtic suppoters were going lots off different ways to the game i pax was going to nimme then driving others to malaga all seem to be taking a week off apprently sat a lot were sleeping in the terminal over night and making lots of noise

Deeko01
22nd May 2003, 00:39
Funny all these flights and a certain carrier wasnt used after a certain incident in cardiff earlier this year........hmmm cant help but think they would have been so busy with this cup final had they not pissed Glasgow Celtic off so much!!

Call Established
22nd May 2003, 03:09
Weve seen fans coming down ex GLA and EDI then connecting to MYT Lite and even group at the Swiss checkin yesterday must be going via ZRH!

CHIVILCOY
24th May 2003, 00:21
It has to be said that well deserved praise has to be given to the thousands of Celtic supporters who travelled to Seville and back for their superb behaviour.

surely not
24th May 2003, 03:58
Couldn't agree more Chivilcoy, a brilliant bunch of lads and lasses...............and boy can they drink!!!

BAe 146-100
24th May 2003, 18:51
Hi,

Did Air Atlanta Icelandic do most of the flights to Seville?

http://www.airliners.net/photos/small/7/1/9/190917.jpg

BAe 146-100

Tom the Tenor
24th May 2003, 19:21
The Jetmagic flight from Cork to Seville was done by a Crossair MD80 series as the good load warrented it.

surely not
25th May 2003, 07:07
I think Iclandair and European EAAC had quite a few flights as well as Air Atlanta if you take Prestwick flights into consideration as well.