PDA

View Full Version : UK fATPL or Spanish fATPL

The Original Jetpipe
17th May 2003, 15:14
Please can someone explain or tell me where I can find the major differences between a

United Kingdom issued CAA/JAR fATPL license and a Spanish issued CAA/JAR fATPL license.

I have been unable to find any major differences in the courses. However what do the UK airlines want to see on your C.V.

Thank you in advance of any replies

The Original Jetpipe.

concordino
17th May 2003, 22:29
UK and Spannish national ATPL’s are no longer been offered. They have been replaced by the JAR-ATPL.
You will find they are the same in terms of learning objectives as well as sharing the same question bank.
You can study for a UK issued JAR ATPL in Spain; I would guess that if you were shooting for UK operators a UK issue Frozen ATPL would be of slight advantage.
But then again the Spanish market can also be good at times…

:)

ECHIE
19th May 2003, 18:20
I have done my JAA Intergrated ATPL in Spain. I think the only big diffrence is the money you pay for the course. I think a school for example, aeromadrid, www.aeromadrid.com, has the same to offer as any flying school in the UK. Also the planes and simulators they use are of a very good quality. Aeromadrid is at the moment the only flying school in europe with a Airbus 320 full flight simulator. I would everybody advise to pay this school a visit!!! It can save you a great deal of money!

For any further questions you can always contact me on [email protected].

miss magenta
24th May 2003, 15:46
Sean is right, I am sure. But there are many pitfalls in training anywhere.
I decide to go to the UK instead of staying in Spain, in spite of the difference in money. I regret it. PPsc went bust when I was there and then I got caught by SFT. Anywhere you go will have proīs and conīs. I finished my IR at BCFT without any major setbacks. I am now instructing in Spain and I believe that the country doesīnt make the difference, the school does.
Good luck wherever you decide to go. Itīs worth it in the end.

ecj
22nd Jun 2003, 16:47
After buying a house, your next biggest expenditure in your life is probably going to be your fATPL course.

Visit the FTO before you decide to sign on the dotted line. Talk to the staff and a number of students,and if possible ex students. Visit the hangar, the flightline - inspect the aircraft, and the MCC equipment, and groundschool etc.

A few UK FTOs went bust in the 1990s with the poor customer losing out bigtime. How financially secure is your proposed supplier of services? Pay as you go is more likely to give you peace of mind.

Paying all up front on day one for a significant discount is something which comes under the heading of a personnal choice. Inspect the contract carefully. You are entering a legally binding agreement. If you decide to jump ship during the course, what amount will be refunded? Professional advice may be appropriate before committing. Go into it with your eyes open.

The bottom line for you as the prospective student is QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY.

Although slightly out of context the legal maxim

res ipsa loquitur is a fairly good acid test.

You must visit the FTOs first . Your final choice is what you feel comfortable with: "the thing will speak for itself".

Think Quality everytime.