PDA

View Full Version : UK fATPL or Spanish fATPL.

The Original Jetpipe
17th May 2003, 15:10
Please can someone explain or tell me where I can find the major differences between a

United Kingdom issued CAA/JAR fATPL license and a Spanish issued CAA/JAR fATPL license.

I have been unable to find any major differences in the courses. However what do the UK airlines want to see on your C.V.

Thank you in advance of any replies

The Original Jetpipe.

FougaMagister
17th May 2003, 20:54
Bearing in mind they're both JAR-FCL licences, there aren't supposed to be any differences; the learning objectives are identical 'cause they're decided by the JAA in the Netherlands and the quality is meant to be the same.

As for what airlines in UK are looking for, Britain is quite different from the Continent in that airlines here do not seem to care much where you come from as long as you're good enough - just check the number of pilots from Oz/NZ/Canada/Netherlands/France etc. working in Blighty!

JAA is even easier since there is no conversion involved, just a transfer from the DGAC (Spanish CAA) to the CAA - with the associated fee...

For more info, there's another related thread in this forum about Spanish FTOs ("JAR ATPL conversion question")

Cheers