PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 performance?

chrisleeds2003
16th May 2003, 23:13
Anyone know how Jet2 are performing? LBA is getting very busy at the moment...

Also, will LBA be taking flights for the CL Final in Manchester? If they're considering closing RW2 for parking, surely LBA or Liverpool can be used...:ok:

682ft AMSL
17th May 2003, 02:12
LBA issued this press release a few weeks ago, which gives some clues.....

Leeds Bradford International Airport recorded a 33 % increase in traffic during April, the largest year on year monthly increase ever seen in the airport’s history. A total of 145,882 passengers flew in and out during the month and the figures were boosted by Yorkshire’s new low cost airline, Jet2, carrying 27,539 passengers as their summer operations started to come on line. From 1st May Jet2’s services to Amsterdam, Nice, Barcelona, Milan, Palma, Malaga and Alicante are operating at their full frequency with a total of over 50 flights per week.

In addition to Jet2, low cost airline Ryanair carried 18,911 passengers on their Dublin service, an increase of 46% over April 2002. Other significant increases were recorded by FlyBe whose Belfast route saw an increase of 31%, and bmi british midland whose Edinburgh service carried 13% more passengers during the month.

Managing Director Ed Anderson commented. ‘These are outstanding figures and will be bettered in the coming months as the summer season gets underway. We are pleased to be providing more opportunities for the region’s business and leisure travellers to use what is currently one of the UK’s fastest growing airports.’

Ringwayman
17th May 2003, 02:36
As far as I can gather, there'll probably not be any movements at LBA or LPL for the final.

The list of planned flights is found here (http://www.tasmanchester.com/html/28_29_30_may.html). Where exactly they'll all fit in is open to debate.

chrisleeds2003
17th May 2003, 03:05
Anyone fancy being a MAN ATCO on May 28th? :D

682ft AMSL
17th May 2003, 06:01
Tying the two themes up, Jet2's Bergamo service is showing healthy booking levels for the 28th-30th, suggesting some fans will be routing through the airport, albeit not on additional flights.

A further update on Jet2 is that they have today launched their new low-fare finder. They claim this is a first of a kind in Europe and the system links the booking process into an overview of the lowest available fares for each day in any given month. Easier to see it in practice rather than explain, so take a look at http://www.jet2.com

Further news is that they have added additional frequency to Alicante in July & Aug and have brought forward to start of Faro flights to Sept 4th. Aircraft number 5, G-CELY is currently in the paint shop at Lasham.

notice
17th May 2003, 08:10
this is excellent news, the best since Capital was at (and Dennison departed from) LBA.
It might becoming a serious airport and plenty of profit will soon mean more competition.

dundoniandean
18th May 2003, 21:10
Jet2's 'Low Fare Finder' is almost identical to the system British Airways use on their website and have done so for quite some time now - so I would say if they are claiming to be the first in Europe, then they are wrong.

Monarch Scheduled also show the lowest prices for flights two or three days either side of the chosen dates, in both directions, on their website.

However, it is a bloody good idea to show a range of fares on one screen - one that I would like to see on more airline websites. It lets the passengers see at a glance which dates are cheapest without having to trawl through loads and loads of pages and start new searches each time.

HOODED
19th May 2003, 05:23
Cracking idea by the Jet 2 team this, be it a first or not. I've just booked a return trip to AMS for £9! Shame about the taxes though. The outbound was £1. This will be my second trip with the airline and I have to say they have made a wise choice using LBA, it may be on a hill and out of wind but it has a huge untapped market that Jet 2 are satisfying. Given the LBA weather they have chosen their ac well too with CAT3 capable ac. Best of luck to them I wish them every success.

Localiser Green
20th May 2003, 16:42
"Jet2's 'Low Fare Finder' is almost identical to the system British Airways use on their website and have done so for quite some time now - so I would say if they are claiming to be the first in Europe, then they are wrong."

They are only claiming to be the first low-cost airline in Europe with such a system which I believe is accurate.

Any truth to the rumour that 09/27 will be closed later this year to make way for an extended apron @ LBA?