PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Groundschool and they said it was going to be easy!!!!!

Tim_donovan
16th May 2003, 01:46
So I went to the states and got me PPL in the :cool: and had a great time!

However, return to UK and boy was that a shock. Well here I am just finishing week 2 of my APTL groundschool and to say the least I am some what :confused:

But what I will say if there are is any one thinking of going for it just be ready for some work. That is if you did nothing at school as I have found out to my cost.

Anyone else just started and if so how is it going?

My names Turkish
16th May 2003, 08:07
If there is somebody out there who can put their hand on their heart and say it was easy, I would really like to meet and congratulate them.

I've made it as far as module two and its tough. The material is not hugely difficult its the sheer volume of it. I certainly had a big problem applying myself and it seems to be the problem for most people who don't come straight from an enviroment of formal study. Let it be said that there is no secret receipe or schools with full page adds and fancy CD Roms etc, the more time you spend with head in books, the better your chances are. Seems like stating the bloody obvious but plenty of people seem to forget it. Good luck to everyone.

FlyingForFun
16th May 2003, 20:14
I agree with Turkish. Tim, whoever told you it would be easy was talking sh!t.

FFF
-----------

CAT3C AUTOLAND
17th May 2003, 03:19
It is easy :).......

Or thats what my tutors keep telling the class.

I am currently just over half way through, and just entering the sweat phase, or is that the alert phase? I have booked myself into the CAA hotel at Gatwick for the June exams for phase 2 exams.

Tim you are quite right, there is one hell of a lot of work involved, however, on saying that, if you keep on to of it, you will be fine.

Good luck mate, and like I say, go for it, its only six months out of your life, put Eastenders on hold and work your ass off.

Send Clowns
22nd May 2003, 01:29
Instructors say it's easy 'cos it is easy :D However we only have to know two or three subjects, and can always look it up ;) For students it is never easy, daren't think who told you it was. The material is not too difficult, and you can probably understand nearly every part individually. You are now learning the trick of knowing everything at once.

Good luck!