PDA

View Full Version : One for cheer...

weselfluren
15th May 2003, 22:09
Arghh!!
Just spoke to an informed source (I hope that HR are informed!), and the recruitmant has been completely stopped untill autumn this year - as they're moving.
The kind lady (who would have taken a lot of flak had I not been calling from a public place) also informed me, after some serious promting, that the next intakes are full until October 2004, and even then the course is half full already. :uhoh: She then told me to not get my hopes up and think more in terms of 2005.....:*

Now I know ATCO's have to work nights, but is this "keep em in the dark" policy a recent thing for NATS/ust due to moving house or a morale lowering exercise prior to joining..... I don't recall too many folk not being able to operate for 3 months, just because of moving some files, desks etc. If they can hold stage one testing at a hotel outside kemble st. why can't they do the same for the final tests (especially when the pc test isn't needed - for "near misses"):confused: .

After a certain programme the other day (which I thought did raise a few intersting points - like how do you relieve a shift at heathrow, when the M4/M25 is blocked?), I would have thought that the NATS hierachy would have made damn sure that recruitment doesn't become an issue in any of the national press, or for that matter their mates at the beeb!:ok:

I am sure that I speak for lots of wannabes (if they still want to be), that we aren't half cheesed off with the ineptitude, lack of contact and half-arsed attitude from NATS. I'm off to buy some European stamps and send a letter off to Maastricht. I was so looking forward to spending some time on that beach doing my revision!

Gripe done - hope others found out the "proper way".

WF

nodelay
16th May 2003, 02:34
1. Kemble Street is relocating, and sooner than expected. Not the easiest of tasks.

2. The college is radically restructuring all the courses. And once again, not an easy job.

3. There is still a backlog of trainees waiting to commence live training at their allocated units, mainly at the centres, LACC and LTCC. This is due to a number of reasons, one however is the after effects of increasing the course sizes and adopting a shift system at the college and then having to very quickly reduce them again after events outside and beyond our control.

Enjoy Maastricht