PDA

View Full Version : Airman Aviation - Oklahoma

Julian
15th May 2003, 17:49
Looking at taking my FAA Commercial and maybe trying somenwhere new for a change. On searching the Internet I came across Airman Aviation who are based in Norman, OK, who offer the SE & ME CPL/IR for a fixed price.

Has anyone been there, done any rating/licences with them?

How did you find them?
Quality of aircraft and instruction?
Was it really a fixed priced or did extras creep in?

Also having covered the school, what is Norman like itself?
If I am going to be there for the best part of a month is it in the middle of nowhere....?

Thanks in anticipation.

Julian.

LearX
27th May 2003, 08:10
Its a pretty good place, I have been there. They are always overflow with students because of the flat rate price. Go there if you have a lot of time to spare otherwise stay away.

iflysims
29th May 2003, 03:55
Just one thought...if flat pricing really works..then will give up all my ratings because I will go to school there and become the dumbest multi engine pilot and it will take me a few hundred hours to complete my ratings. Lets see right now about 1,500 TT with about 500 Multi would be a min. requirement for most regionals so that's how long it would take me to get through the program...
I just dont see how it can work...also what incentive do you have to study hard afterall...you are going to get your rating just like the guy that parties all the time for the same price..might take you longer but hey not like there are many jobs out there right now anyway...Just my personal opinion though :)