PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATPL to JAA

max6462
14th May 2003, 23:56
G'day to all !
Quick question:
I'm about to be done with module 2. Also hold a a current FAA ATPL with over 500h on Be1900 type (type rated).
Provided that I meet all minimum hours for a practical ATPL is there a chance for me to shoot directly for a JAR ATPL (in UK) if I go for a JAR25 type rating training, such as B737?

many thks for an answer ;) .

redsnail
16th May 2003, 08:27
Yes, make sure you speak to the training provider that this is what you want to do. There must be a CAA examiner present on the LST (more expense).
It's a costly exercise.
Get every thing in writing.

max6462
17th May 2003, 01:06
Thank you redsnail,
I'll keep the advise !
I understand that this is a grey area ...;)
How much do you think we are talking about on top of a standard type rating training ?

MEI
17th May 2003, 04:17
Will your JAR ATP be frozen?? I thought you needed 500 multi- crew airplane, Is the 1900 2 crew. I thought it was a single pilot machine??? just wondering

redsnail
17th May 2003, 05:02
The Beech 1900 is a single pilot aeroplane as built by the manufacturer.
However, if you have flown it two crew because you had to under National Law then the time may be counted towards the 500 hours multi crew required for the ATPL. Note, you should get a letter from your employer stating the reg in which the operation was flown and your hours with date of employment.

As to what they'll require in the sim is any one's guess. It seems to be up to the examiner. I did my type rating in a Shorts 330, I had to do stalls, lim panel, timed turns etc. Others who've converted their lic in the sim (737) haven't had to do any of that. Now, whether it's because they had previous time in it I don't know.
Don't leave it to chance. Get it all confirmed AND in writing before you spend a cent/penny.

moku
31st May 2003, 07:24
In a similar situation myself...be aware from what I have been
told by the CAA and many FTO's is that doing it that way will
restrict your IR and ME to TYPE!
Again this what I have been told so am not exactly sure of the exact restrictions. I hope to get clarification on this from the CAA in the next few weeks.

BillieBob
31st May 2003, 07:47
Any IR taken on a multi-pilot type is restricted only to that type and is not valid on a single-pilot aeroplane. That is the case throughout the JAA and has been for a number of years.

concordino
2nd Jun 2003, 05:17
I have recently done a B1900D type rating and am flying it as F/O.
I did my LST in a level D sim from the right hand seat.

It was my first Type rating and i hold a UK issue JAR FCL CPL/IR with frozen ATPL.

The CAA endorsed my license with the B1900D type rating and kept my SPA rating for my IR.

BillieBob
3rd Jun 2003, 04:12
The CAA endorsed my license with the B1900D type rating and kept my SPA rating for my IR.
Of course they did, because you still have a SPA instrument rating. However, when you revalidate your instrument rating on the B1900 it will be valid only on that type. If you want to keep your SPA IR current you will have to take a separate LPC

FIRESYSOK
4th Jun 2003, 05:23
I was recently advised that it is possible to have a JAA examiner on board the sim to conduct an ATPL checkride parallel to my company recurrency. Is this possible as I am a CRJ-700 CPT;
type rating is a CL65. What would be the cost of such a scheme if anyone knows of this. All sim training is currently done at Flight Safety in the USA.

Thanks.....