PDA

View Full Version : Next bash, London, Sat 5TH July.

BRL
14th May 2003, 21:22
Right then. Seeing as my mum made me miss the last one, I reckon another should be had pretty soon.
I have 3 dates in mind, please vote for one. The usual location, Founders arms, next to the Tate modern.............

FlyingForFun
14th May 2003, 22:06
Deffo not 7th June, since that's the date of the Sherburn fly-in.

FFF
----------

BRL
14th May 2003, 22:23
Ah, well spotted there that man....... :hmm:

Tall_guy_in_a_152
14th May 2003, 22:25
5th July is best for me. This will be my 1st bash (unless you pick a June date instead), so I think my vote should count double!

TG

BRL
14th May 2003, 22:27
Vote doubled....... ;) (cost you a pint that......)

pilotwolf
15th May 2003, 00:17
Not sure that June 22nd is a good idea either - the morning/day after Gatbash???

Being drunk for 48hrs plus? :hmm:

Saab Dastard
15th May 2003, 04:56
Sat 28th is best for me, as at a family gathering on the 5th July.

BTW, IMHO, PPRuNe bashes should NEVER be on a Sunday unless it's a bank holiday weekend, 'cos of the need to spend a day recovering!:zzz: :ouch: (wheres the smiley for headache, we need one for posts about PPRuNe drinks!)

SD

AerBabe
15th May 2003, 06:26
June 28th is good for me. I think.
July 5th is about the same!
Let me know and I'll do my best.....

SW

Keef
17th May 2003, 03:04
Might even make it! Is this pub civilised, and are there any initiation rites to be undergone? I assume we don't need to wear uniforms of any kind...

TheKentishFledgling
17th May 2003, 17:22
Voted for 5th July - exams will be over, so am definately going to try and make this one!

tKF

singaporegirl
18th May 2003, 15:18
The only date I can make is 5 July.

Shouldn't we make it Doggatts (sp?) from the outset to avoid being moved on anyway for moving furniture/bad behaviour etc? :O

BRL
19th May 2003, 00:14
Phew, that was a close one. The band I am in were planning on doing a one-off gig on the 5th but the bass player just rang and said he can't do it. Had me sweating for a while trying to work something out how to get around it. Close call that one :ugh:

5th is good for me now too. :ok:

iainpoll
19th May 2003, 02:29
5th is good for me :ok:

Keef
20th May 2003, 07:11
5th July then. I'm "on duty" on the 6th so can't get legless. Will sobriety cramp other folks' fun?

What's the format? Meet when, drink where, eat what, etc? I need food to soak up the ale (curry's fine, rabbit food or pretentious food not).

BRL
21st May 2003, 20:38
Hi Keef, good to see that you will be coming to this. What usually happens is we meet up at about 1:30pm at a pub called The Founders Arms. This is located just outside the Tate modern on the south bank of the Thames. You can either eat at the pub or move on later for a curry or something. It just depends what others want to do. The pub does the usual pub food, nothing spectacular but not bad either.

No firm plans for the day, we just make it up as we go along. People turn up all throughout the afternoon too so we usually stay in the same pub until at least 5pm then decide what to do next.(or get booted out) Pretty laid back occasions really. ;)

TheKentishFledgling
22nd May 2003, 02:49
There's a Wetherspoons just accross the Millenium Bridge, near St. Pauls.

Have drunk there with mates quite a few times...nice enough (for a Spoons), and is usual Spoons prices.

Just a thought, seeing as it's only a few minute's walk from South Bank.

tKF

BRL
22nd May 2003, 02:54
You mean the Sir John Hardcastle at Farringdon..... Can't go back there without a load of decor they want back........... :suspect:

Good Indian over the road though.

TheKentishFledgling
22nd May 2003, 03:02
No, it's the Green Man (I think).

Isn't the Sir Hardcastle the one up by British Museum?

tKF

BRL
22nd May 2003, 23:28
Nope, its just 2 mins away from Farringdon train station and that is located nearish to the end of the Millenium bridge/St.Pauls.

On the subject of pubs, there is a pub called The Church located at Kings Cross. It is frequented by aussie crews on stopovers etc and might be worth a look later on maybe. Its supposed to be alright.

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
25th May 2003, 23:06
Am on-call on the 5th, which will mean going in to work in the morning, but should be able to "escape" by mid-afternoon :) See you there :cool:

BRL
8th Jun 2003, 02:29
More names please (and b.t.t.t....) :D

TheKentishFledgling
8th Jun 2003, 02:39
Fledge is confirming :ok: plus a good mate, who came flying with me for the first time the other day!

tKF

Keef
8th Jun 2003, 03:41
Keef's coming, d.v.

SKYYACHT
8th Jun 2003, 19:10
I shall try and get to this one!!!!

Look forward to meeting one and all.....

Blue Skies,

iainpoll
24th Jun 2003, 22:26
Rescued from page 6!!!!

Is this still on? Who's coming?

No doubt I will be there, p!ssed out of my tree, giving pilots a bad name........:ok:

FlyingForFun
24th Jun 2003, 23:05
Hoping to be there. Very busy at the moment, though, so it might be a slightly last-minute call.....

FFF
--------------

BRL
24th Jun 2003, 23:17
Yea, still on, defo on...... I will be there from about 2pm.

Goint to stick this for a while as its getting closer to the day itself.

No doubt I will be there, p!ssed out of my tree, giving pilots a bad name Hmmm...Will have to keep an eye on you then. Seen your type before at these bashes, not a nice sight seeing someone being barred from everywhere...... :D

Tall_guy_in_a_152
24th Jun 2003, 23:48
I'm still on for this one.

Probably an early evening arrival in town from deepest darkest Surrey.

TG.

TheKentishFledgling
25th Jun 2003, 01:32
Yup, count me in!

tKF

Penguina
25th Jun 2003, 20:35
The Church??? :\ :ooh: If it's where I'm thinking of - a warehouse-type place in the middle of a dodgy-looking industrial spot behind King's X station with (well-endowed!) strippers - then I know it.

Not sure if I wanna be taunted about British cricket all afternoon by a roomful of aussie backpackers again, but I will come to a pub and sit drinking beer that day if nothing prevents me, I know how to do that.

iainpoll
25th Jun 2003, 23:59
Penguina,

Me thinks the aussies may be a little more humble after their recent thrashing by us at rugby:ok: However if they do start 'giving it' I will remind them that we have now stuffed 'em four times in a row! (But sadly not at Cricket):( :(

BRL
26th Jun 2003, 01:24
Penguina I remember seeing Reddo at a fly-in wearing a t-shirt with 'You Tw@t' written on it and the logo (I think) for the Church. I have also heard from a few others that it is not a bad pub and a good laugh can be had so I suggested it for later on in the evening for somewhere to move on to as its not too far away from the founders. You could help us out now. Seeing as you 'know' the place maybe you can be our 'guide' and take us there....... :)

iainpoll
26th Jun 2003, 22:44
Perhaps Penguina could be our 'mistress' for the afternoon :p ;)

BRL
26th Jun 2003, 23:53
Tempted to write something that came to mind instantly after reading the above post but would have to ban myself if I did. ;)
:D

Seriously though, Looks like a good day will be had with some new faces turning up. Not long to go now..... :)

92Alpha
26th Jun 2003, 23:55
Haven't been to one of these bashes but up for it. I've been to the Church and its a lot better/worse than you may of heard, didn't know it was open on a Saturday. Thought it was only a Sunday morning thing.

BRL
27th Jun 2003, 00:19
92Alpha, it would be great if you could join us. Just jump on the train from 3-bridges straight to Blackfriars. Easy. Hope you can make it, its always good to meet new faces from here.

Keef
27th Jun 2003, 07:36
So where's the AIC and the Approach Plate, then? I can't find anywhere without those. :(

TheKentishFledgling
28th Jun 2003, 01:10
Keefy...

FYI, 2Donks is now joining us.

tKF

vintage ATCO
28th Jun 2003, 05:13
I might be up for this.

vintage ATCO
www.stevelevien.com

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
28th Jun 2003, 05:32
So where's the AIC and the Approach Plate, then? I can't find anywhere without those.

Assuming we're still meeting at the Founders Arms, here (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=531901&Y=180541&A=Y&Z=1) :)

5 mins walk from Blackfriars (Thameslink Trains, District/Circle tube)

Keef
28th Jun 2003, 09:25
Merci beaucoup! Keef is in with half a chance of finding it, now!

If I fail, I'll SMS tKF whose navigation skills are renowned.

If VA and 2D are there, it'll be just like old times...

Penguina
30th Jun 2003, 20:00
Iainpoll,

I charge good money for that sort of thing! :p

Trust me, these particular Aussies will be no match for you after a few - maybe we should all sport England rugby tops that day!

Big Red L,

Well, I 'know' it intimately from the inside (after one memorable Sunday afternoon there), but finding it first might be another matter! Maybe after I've had a few... :)

BRL
30th Jun 2003, 20:56
Good girl Peng Gives us a great excuse to celebrate your skills test. You must be really chuffed, well done :)

Penguina
30th Jun 2003, 21:18
You could say that!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

iainpoll
30th Jun 2003, 23:17
Well done Peguina, great news:O :O :O :O

PS; Exactly how much money are you talking?;)

Penguina
1st Jul 2003, 00:37
Iainpoll,

How much money? Hmm, well, I could use a CPL - but since you're a special customer, I'll let you off the IR if you like!

Anyone else got any offers? :O

Cheers though. Have to admit to a permanent grin fixture problem atm!

Penguina
1st Jul 2003, 20:50
:(

Gah! My mate's just offered me a flight on Saturday afternoon. Sorry, but it's gonna be weeks till my licence comes and this way I can fly without an instructor.

OK, change of plan - if weather is good, I'll meet you in the evening, if not no change.

Penguina

BRL
2nd Jul 2003, 17:13
Well then. Some good and bad news, depending on what way you look at it. I will be there but wont be getting drunk. :( I have a poorly ear and am on penacillin until monday. Doc says I can have a drink or two but thats it. :{ :{

iainpoll
2nd Jul 2003, 19:21
I see the excuses have already started.......................:suspect:

singaporegirl
3rd Jul 2003, 18:02
I'll be there, earlier rather than later, as I've got another party in the evening.

At least the kitty contributions will be smaller, if BRL's not drinking. ;)

Keef
4th Jul 2003, 01:30
Er - is this pub large? How do we find each other? I know some of the folks coming, but by no means all.
I have this strange premonition of two gatherings in the same pub...

Yes, I could wear my PPRuNe badge, but they aren't large. (I could wear my uniform, but that would probably get us thrown out.)

Epaulettes?

BRL
4th Jul 2003, 01:42
Who ever gets there first should ' reserve ' a table for us. Thats what Ian Poll is good at. ;)

If not I will send my mobile number via a PM if people are lost/confused etc......

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
4th Jul 2003, 04:40
Keef,

I suppose I could wear my tee-shirt, if I absolutely have to... :uhoh:

iainpoll
4th Jul 2003, 05:03
Hi Keef,

I seem to arrive first, and reserve table:ok:

If you want to know what my ugly mug looks like, see FFF's photos from the last private flying bash, there are some good ones! Plus others of Singaporegirl, FFF, Saab Dastard, Penguina (corrrrr!) Skua, Evee etc. etc.

Don't worry, I will provide a VDF service and provide vectors to the table:cool: The pub is not that big - we will find each other I promise - have faith!

Later people usually have to provide vectors for me....

PS Fu Fu, are you coming?
PPS Big red - I can see doctors orders being ignored:uhoh:
PPS Bid Red, when you gonna learn to spell my name right?:)

singaporegirl
4th Jul 2003, 05:11
Just look for the dazzle reflecting off the heads (assuming it's a sunny day...) :O :cool:

BRL
4th Jul 2003, 06:06
Singaporegirl that should read "look for the dazzling blokes...."

Here is a picture of Iain relaxing last out......
http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.evans28/Image2.jpg

And this is the reply to going to get a round.........
http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.evans28/Image.jpg
:ok: :suspect:

Keef
4th Jul 2003, 06:49
Ah! Look for a bouncer, and ask him "Are you a PPRuNe", yes? Bound to work!

My little telephone answers to 07764 813822 (or will on Saturday, anyway). I reckon on being there about 2pm (if that's starting time) and will yell "QDM" or some such if nobody looks familiar.

Pink_aviator
4th Jul 2003, 14:29
HI Guys and GALS
Been following your excitement,and just tuned in to

wish you well and a good old boozy day for you all.

Just a minor point

I thought The KENTISH FLEDGLING, was a youngster??

Far to young to drink.

And you know fron the other thread that I do not show any interest at all in young boys . HE HE HO HO.

I wish i could come (always looking for an excuse to run away) but i guess i would be eaten alive down there.
(I may sneak in and spy on you all.

seriously have fun, and BRL, you know i have a nurses out fit, so keep of the booze and medication at the same time or else i will have to put it on

the pinkster
PINK-AVIATOR

FlyingForFun
4th Jul 2003, 16:52
I was hoping to be able to make it, for part of the day at least. But unless anyone knows of a way of extending the week by a day or two, it's not looking very likely any more :(

I promise I'll make up for it at the next one though! :ok: Don't have too much fun without me ;)

FFF
-----------

singaporegirl
4th Jul 2003, 17:24
BRL

The second photo must have been taken fairly early on during the last but one bash, as the poster is still in situ behind him...:uhoh:

AerBabe
4th Jul 2003, 17:52
I'm not going to be able to make it either now. :(

Darn. And I was so looking forward to explaining to Keef why I've not found a job yet. :O

Have fun, and don't do anything I would!

Penguina
4th Jul 2003, 20:35
'Ere, Keef, can I use your little phone as a contact number? I will probably be arriving later on again (6pm -->).

Keef
4th Jul 2003, 22:37
Penguina - course you can. Just don't ring it on Sunday morning in case I forget to turn it off. Had a good (secret) laugh a few months ago when it went off while I was taking a funeral. Dave wanted to know if I wanted to go flying...

AerBabe - didn't realise you were so worried. Not something I said, I hope?

Pinkster - go on, be brave! We'll look after you!

BRL
5th Jul 2003, 18:44
I am traditionally running late. ETA 1500ish..........

TheKentishFledgling
6th Jul 2003, 04:44
Coooorrrrr!

What fun, wot?!

:ooh: :} :ok:

Night night!!

tKF

PS Hope you got back ok Iain.....and everyone else :rolleyes:

Keef
6th Jul 2003, 05:14
Yep, got home safely. Hope my voice recovers before the morning!

Nice to meet so many fine people - looking forward to seeing some pix!