PDA

View Full Version : Hsbc? Barclays? Lloyd?

paulrod87
14th May 2003, 05:38
Few topics appeared days ago related to the banks I pointed out. Which one of those is the more informed about CPL and training schools and "inclined" to process a loan. All information welcomed...

Northern Highflyer
14th May 2003, 18:07
Definitely HSBC for the large sums you will need but don't rule out the CDL as this can be useful to fund the exams stage.

HSBC will require you to have an account with them.

Bluesky

Let us know how you get on.

paulrod87
14th May 2003, 23:43
You're a real mine of information... Thanks and good luck with your career...

P.G.

P T Flea
15th May 2003, 01:57
In my experience (currently borrowing to go ahead with integrated ab-initio course) HSBC have been superb.

They are very good in the respect that will let you borrow such large amounts (with security) under the Pro studies and post graduate scheme. This means that you are subjected to an extremely reasonable interest rate (currently 2 above base), although it is a variable base rate. You are also not commited to a pre-defined repayment period so you can pay it back quicker than previously planned if you want (and there is no fee for breaking this arrangement). You also do not have to start repayments until six months after the course finishes. This, under normal employment circumstances, should give you enough time to find a job.

Of you course if you wanted to take this loan up you would have to transfer your bank account to HSBC.

Hope this helps.

Incidentally I applied for a CDL (from Royal Bank of Scotland) in addition to the HSBC loan but it was rejected. It all turned out alright in the end though as I am going to borrow the extra from the banks and a little more from my parents.

Unfortunately it seems if you are a young wannabe who wants to go self-sponsored than you have to have supportive parents otherwise you are onto a non-starter. It seems tough but that's the way it is. I am extremely lucky with the parents that I have and will be forever in their debt for the support that they currently giving me.

PT
:ok:

Electric Sky
18th May 2003, 06:18
Ditto ... HSBC have my vote. After a brick wall response at one branch I went to another and they have been great. I am lucky enough to have security backing from my parents but no problems with the full amount for my course. I didn't even need a business plan ... just show them you have thought it through and taken into account all eventualities.

ES ;)