PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair, easyJet and a tank!

Buster the Bear
14th May 2003, 00:11
Ryanair sent a tank to Luton airport today with 'Ryanair Fair Buster' on the side declaring war on easyJet's prices.

MOL was there is person to launch this attack, but security would not allow the tank access to easyLand, so the press had to settle with the Holiday Inn car park.

Rumour has it that a member of easy staff pinched the keys to the tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

touch&go
14th May 2003, 06:39
Go to the Ryaair site and read the press section, it's a great read and will give you a good laugh at the expense of Easyjet.

T Hairy Henry
14th May 2003, 16:58
Ha Ha!!!

If you'd been there you would of seen O'Leary for what he is!!

Not the best time to be driving a tank to an airport.

He couldn't get near easyLand and his keys were, lets say repatriated!!! He had to get the old bill to get them back.

His stunt failed and probably cost a few bob too!!

HA!

David Bell

In trim
14th May 2003, 19:01
And we're back again to the same argument.....main airport versus out of town airport. The table on the Ryanair website states:

This offer is available from tomorrow (Wednesday, 14th May 2003) at Europe’s biggest travel website, www.ryanair.com

ONE WAY FARES FROM EASYJET FARES RYANAIR FARES
GLASGOW (International) £ 17.50 GLASGOW (Prestwick) £ 7.50
HOLLAND (Amsterdam) £ 17.50 HOLLAND (Eindhoven) £ 7.50
VENICE (Marco Polo) £ 22.50 VENICE (Treviso) £ 7.50
MILAN (Linate) £ 22.50 MILAN (Orio al Serio) £ 9.99
ITALY (Bologna) £ 27.50 ITALY (Forli) £ 9.99
ROME (Ciampino) £ 32.50 ROME ( Ciampino) £12.50
BARCELONA £ 27.50 GIRONA (Barcelona) £12.50

Personally I'd be happy to pay an extra £10 to fly to AMS (Amsterdam) rather than EIN (Amsterdam - I don't think so!!)

Nothing wrong with these out of town airports, and that is Ryanair's market and they are welcome to it. It'd probably cost me that £10 extra to get from EIN to Amsterdam city anyway.

Same is true for most of the other "comparisons" on the RYR website.