PDA

View Full Version : Offical: Status of Nats Recruitment

kevindelaney
13th May 2003, 19:19
Hi All
Just received this mail with regard to NATS Recruitment.. A shame but i'm still going to wait and try my best to get it! Good luck to everyone!

Excerpt from email from NATS
"The current situation is that following a reduction in the College of ATC requirement for Trainee Controllers the next available course is October 2004. Whilst we are still accepting applications we are putting them on hold until the Autumn when we will start the recruitment process again with tests and interviews.

I hope that this clarifies the situation."

foghorn
13th May 2003, 21:04
Possibly to do with the fact that the start dates of those already accepted to the college have been put back, plus the fact that HR are moving to Swanwick soon?

foghorn
15th May 2003, 06:31
Well my June interview got put off until 'September/October' so I guess they are moving, then.

foghorn
19th May 2003, 03:21
Not that it's going to make that much difference, with them currently hiring for the October 2004 course at the college.

weselfluren
19th May 2003, 16:37
A16 - seems like there's a few of us in the same boat, and I think it'll be steering towards Maastricht rather than Bournemouth (although not neccesarily through choice).:ouch: 2 years (add that to the one already passed!!) is a long time, but maybe that is debateable with HR........

Best of luck for Eurocontrol and hope to see you there soon - rumour has it that selection there is a slightly less lenghy process!
Bon chance!:ok:

WF

iamtheone
20th May 2003, 02:09
I have just dropped an application form in the post, probs 4days ago now. ive not heard anything yet but after all the hype with the "holding tests off etc" im begining to feel a little unsettled and not expecting a positive response in any rush :D are chances of getting in to nats now getting slimmer??? i have already tried once but failed the first stage last year and i am very keen to get in.

kevindelaney
20th May 2003, 15:32
Hi iamtheone
For me all i got after submitting the application form was a "receipt of application" postcard which came after about a week. That was over a month ago and i've still head nothing and after speaking to NATS and listening to all the talk on this forum, i don't expect to hear anything until the autumn and if i'm lucky, start a course in about 14-18 months!

Kevin

The Fat Controller
20th May 2003, 23:23
Not much changes !
Applied December 1983..........started at CATC April 1986 !
Good luck to you all.

Whipping Boy's SATCO
21st May 2003, 00:56
Just enough time for a Short Service Commission in the RAF..........:rolleyes:

jonnys
21st May 2003, 20:44
Hey guys,

I applied to NATS in April this year and received both the acknowledgement card and a letter saying courses were full until July 2004. They said, however, that selection will re-commence in the summer (July/August this year).

Suppose it depends how many applications they are receiving as to when some of you guys receive acknowledgement or correpondence.

All the best to you all. Hope to work the scopes with you some day!

Jonnys

A1500
22nd May 2003, 05:10
I recieved the same reply as Jonnys saying selection will start again in July / August, although after reading the latest i am waiting for more delays....

dannyo
28th May 2003, 23:39
I started the application process in September last year, went for the first lot of tests in January, interview in April.

I heard just before easter that I have been successful, pending medical, and will start on the October 2004 course.

Looks like it may be into 2005 before anyone who hasn't had any tests or interview yet gets a course.

Good luck though!:mad:

weselfluren
29th May 2003, 00:25
This news is even more galling (well done to dannyo though), as I only just missed out, having my 2nd interview and "near miss" in late february:{ If only I'd read up on my approach procedures that bit more then I'd be starting in Oct 2004.........:(

Having to wait until Oct. 2003 to just find out what is actually happening from HR (once they've stopped fighting for the best office/workspace) is getting beyond a joke.:mad: Maybe I'm just unlucky, maybe being an ATC is not meant for me, but I do admit with my hand on heart that if the option had been there, then I'd rather work for Nats (and put something back into the uk) than Eurocontrol. Having investigated the latter option a little more thouroughly, not only will the beer be better, the climate nicer, won't have to live outside Heathrow/Southampton (so overall, a nicer lifestyle) and to top it off I'll probably be starting (if successful - I'm not tempting fate!) earlier than I would have if Nats had accepted me in February.:ok: The nice reply from Eurocontrol (they've figured out how to email) stated that selection happens on a bi-monthly basis and if succesful, could be moving to Luxemburg by January.:p The girlfriend, goldfish and even the mortgage are excited about the possibility of Maastricht - as they know it's more likely to happen prior to the onset of old age!

Good luck to all who tread the path to ATC in the UK & I hope you can take a lot more cr@p from Nats than I could!:O