PDA

View Full Version : Anybody starting at Jerez 29/9/03?

stevethescotspilot
12th May 2003, 05:55
Hi,
My name is Stephen Moyes and I'm starting ATPL training at Jerez on the 29th September 2003. I arrive in Spain on the 21st Sept, and if anyone else is on this course I'd like to hear from you.

richardforeman
13th May 2003, 04:34
Hi there,

Yes, although I'm not signed up as yet it looks like Jerez and it looks like Sept will be my most likely start date, though I might just make it for the additional intake they may put on in August.

Drop me a PM .. I'm from Durham, living in Leeds presently.

R

Looking forward to a new career and being a student again !

stevethescotspilot
15th May 2003, 05:18
Thanks for getting in touch, Richard. Anybody else out there? Any past or present BAe students who could shed a bit of light on what to expect when we get over there?
I'm particularly interested in what the ground school is like because I'm putting a lot of time into studying for the course and I'd like to know if it's well taught, easy to learn etc.
So please, any opinions on Jerez are invited! I want to know as much as possible, sure Richard is the same!
Cheers, Stephen

moggie
15th May 2003, 17:31
Steve - are you planning to drive or fly here? If you are driving I can send you some info that may be helpful. Just PM me if you want it (same goes to anyone else).

P T Flea
15th May 2003, 20:04
Hi there,

I am hoping to start out there in June.

I went out there for 5 night last summer when I was visitng my mate who was on the BA course.

I have to say that it's pretty special out there and I really can't wait to start.

PT
:ok:

pancho
16th May 2003, 07:50
For any of you guys starting in Jerez if you need some local knowledge let me know by PM. I dont know much about the course or BAE in XRY but I'm a 73 driver living here (working in the UK and Ireland) so might be of some help. :)

pfw
18th May 2003, 18:20
Steve, I hope to be starting out there in sept too.

Few things to sort out first though. Details, details..........

Been in contact with a guy out there just now, and at worst the ground school course materials seem 'sufficient'. So I've no worries.....

seeya there!

window-seat
20th May 2003, 06:26
Just remember people, when you just can't stomach the canteen food anymore, Pizza hut in Jerez have a special 2 for 1 deal, and Gibraltar is just 1:15 away by car, where you can purchase all the delights of home at Safeway, before having a proper pint and a curry!

Makes me feel home sick for the place.......Enjoy!!

W-S :ok:

stevethescotspilot
20th May 2003, 08:33
Hey Window-seat,
that all sounds pretty good, but surely the canteen can't be that bad?
And if it is bad it can't be any worse than the Cameron House hotel where I work just now, the only reason they give you that food for free is because it would be illegal to charge you for crap like that!;)
After that it has to get better, hasn't it?

On a more serious note, how are the sports facilities there?

Wee Weasley Welshman
20th May 2003, 16:34
Whereas the foos isn't that bad the fact is after a month or so any institutional food 24/7 becomes a little tiresome.

The absolute joy of tucking into a proper Full English at Safeway Gibraltar was something to behold.

Sports facilities are excellent with a decent outdoor pool, football pitch, gym and several tennis courts. Plus the beer machine never shuts which is a wonder in itself.

Touch'n'oops
24th May 2003, 07:27
Just like to say that a few Folks have just unoffically open the swimming pool. Thus meaning the pad locked fence was jumped and had a swim!!

As for the beer! A brilliant discovery has been made down at the local Carefore... 15 cents for a can of beer! Drink up lads, youŽre learning to fly!!!!:ok:

At the end of the day life here is tuff...:cool:

the kebabman
27th May 2003, 05:51
at the end of the day this place is the dogs nuts. the notes arenŽt the greatest, but the teaching is second to none. like others said the exams are tough, but they dont change from school to school. a few things to watch out for:

1. canteen food. aka how much food can we ruin by battering it
2. the sun, can burn if you dont watch it- but i suppose youŽd have to watch that in oxford too, oh hang on, there is no sun in oxford.
3. and finally agressive footballers, aint that right touch n oops..!

im not on comission for jerez, but i should be. its quality.