PDA

View Full Version : Oz CPL to JAA Private

McIce
11th May 2003, 07:57
I currently hold an Australian CPL and recently asked the question (on another forum) about how to convert it to a JAA CPL. All the advice I received is currently being studied and looks as if it will cost me a few quid to convert. In the mean time I would like to keep reasonably current by flying privately in the UK.
Has anyone any idea as to what is required as even the advice from the CAA (you'll find it on our website) does not appear to be much help. ( I may add that I might just not have found the correct document yet in the bundles of pages scanned so far)
Thanks in advance
McIce

BEagle
11th May 2003, 14:35
If you have more than 100 hours as pilot of aeroplanes and your Oz licence and medical are current and valid in all respects, my understanding is that to obtain a JAR-FCL PPL(A) all you'll need to do is to do the Air Law and Human Performance exams (plus the FRTOL exams if the CAA won't recognise your Oz RT licence) and pass the PPL Skill Test.

Alternatively, why not just fly day, VFR and in the UK on the privileges of your Oz CPL as it's an ICAO licence?