PDA

View Full Version : bae systems (jerez) school

oli carley
9th May 2003, 17:57
i visited the bae systems jerez school stand at the proffesional flight training show at heathrow the other day, and from what i saw i must say i was very impressed.
does anyone know much about the school, how good/bad it is and has anyone done an atpl there?

moo
9th May 2003, 18:58
before you get lynched by the masses, try a search of this forum by using the button up top right, it will bring you enough on this subject to keep you occupied for days. it is a very renowned school worldwide training airline cadets and self sponsored students

topcat450
9th May 2003, 20:31
If I had the money I'd go just to try it on with Mary-Jo...she's the fittest babe I've ever met 'in the industry' :)

Mr Aerosexual
10th May 2003, 02:09
Topcat, I agree Mary Jo is a fantastic advert for BAE. Shall we start a Mary Jo Fan Club?!!!!!:ok:

BritishGuy
10th May 2003, 08:19
ok, ok, you guys can't get away with talking about this 'Mary Jo' and nobody else getting a look in at this 'eye candy'....the net holds everything....she on there anywhere?? LOL

moo
11th May 2003, 06:18
haven't seen her, but is she worth 92000 euros???????? (current jerez price) how much more can oxford (£72000) and Jerez (£65000) put the prices up. this is getting ridiculous. they cannot justify such astronomical price increases over such a short period of time? thought the whole point of bae systems setting up in jerez was to get away from high uk prices for fuel, aircraft etc. in two years when i have saved the final £20000 to go toward the £40000 i have currently, how much is it gonna be then? £90000???????????????????

D McQuire
12th May 2003, 01:44
Hmmm, this thread is getting hijacked me thinks.

Oli, I'm biased as I'm a student here in Jerez and think so far so good. Very good actually. But why not visit the place and talk to a few of us inmates. Not too many grumbles I think. Except the price of the Euro shooting up. Not a problem if you come from Ireland :D...

Plus it's gone all sunny again :D :D :D

Touch'n'oops
13th May 2003, 19:34
First point I like to put forward is Mary Jo is not the reason or could of been a reason why I came here. There are fitter lasses working in the office!

But with that aside. I would just like to throw my two pence worth in.

I am on my 13th week here in Jerez and to tell the honest truth, I think this place is worth the dosh. Students do grumble that the pool isn't open and food is dodgy, but then again you can't ask or fix everything.

The ground notes, as far as I am concerned, have come on a long way since the first issue. Ground instructors know what they are on about and know how to make the **** stick. Even though there was a problem with one instructor. We mentioned our concerns to admin and swift action was taken.

On the flying side, I can see just by walking into the hanger that the a/c are well looked after, and I have heard very few complaints from the flying lot.

At the end of the day, I suggest you grab an Ryanair cheapo down to Jerez and check the suit out. Then go look at Oxford, whom by the way are meant to be the nearest competition for BAe.

It's your cash and everyone is different, so go, look,see and judge for your self. It is worth putting in a little cash for research on such a large investment!!!

Good Hunting:ok:

AJ
14th May 2003, 05:31
Touch'n'oops, wonder if you could just check your email, I have a question. :O

14th May 2003, 20:59
Just had a look at the BAE Jerez web site for the first time. Cannot beleive how expensive their modular courses are. 15000 euros for a CPL and worst of all nearly £15k for an IR with only 16 hrs flight time!!!!!! Rip off or what. When I do my IR I want 55 hrs real flight time. And I'll get it cheaper than Jerez too