PDA

View Full Version : ATPL or CPL??

Greystoke999
9th May 2003, 16:54
I am a new PPL with a career not in aviation. However I would like to change that.
My question though is this, and I guess the answer is already somewhere in this web site (but its way too big to find!!)
If I did a IR and CPL with multi and the ATPL exams does this mean I would have a frozen ATPL until I reach the magic 1500 hours?
Greystoke999

BEagle
9th May 2003, 17:25
The ATPL theory credit will only remain valid if you obtain an IR(A) within 36 months of passing your last exam AND it will then remain live for up to 7 years after passing your IR.

Otherwise your assessment is about right; I recommend that you get hold of a copy of LASORS (£10 - see the CAA website) as it will give you the full details.

But make sure that you'll be able to pass a Class One medical before you go too far down the commercial route!

FlyingForFun
9th May 2003, 17:33
BEage, I think you are wrong. (Hmm, don't remember ever saying that before!)

The ATPL theory credits will remain live for up to 7 years after passing your IR, or your latest IR renewal. So as long as you keep renewing your IR (or don't let it lapse for more than 7 years) they can be kept alive indefinitely.

FFF
--------------

BEagle
9th May 2003, 21:32
Yes, sorry. I should have said '7 years after the date of passing the last IR'.

Greystoke999
11th May 2003, 22:08
Thanks guys that helps to clear that up. Now all I need to do now is find the cheque book!!
Greystoke999:O