PDA

View Full Version : Pof F and perf got harder ??

flyfish
6th May 2003, 09:33
I took principles of flight and performance in the April sitting after doing both subjects to death. i have feedback from the "top" 2 schools in the uk and i thought i understood both subjects pretty well.
i dont know where i went wrong as i failed both (69 and 72).
My first 7 exams went well in jan where i passed them all with an average of 85.
anyone else find them a problem , or was it just me.

Dean Johnston
6th May 2003, 14:18
Flyfish check your PM's

D.J.

flyfish
7th May 2003, 01:06
Dean, many thanks, i have replied.

1.32vmd
8th May 2003, 20:50
Totally agree with u, Just taken PoF'n' Perf (6thMay) found PoF very tricky, perf went better, but i think thats down to the brush up at Oxford with Chris Perry.

flyfish
9th May 2003, 08:25
Glad its not just me then.I have got 2 days down at BCFT, and a day at Oxford on the 31st, so hopefully they will make the difference.
I have heard it mentioned that the p o f question bank has been increased , as from the April sitting.Anyone else heard the same?
If anybody has any questions they can remember from the sitting 2 days ago, i would be happy to pay in other feedback.

1.32vmd
9th May 2003, 20:07
Flyfish,There was 44Q's/ 46 marks, approx 20 Q's were O'ford feedback. From wot i can remember(which insn't much!):
I think answers all A!!!!!
With regards to Bernoullis, wots total pressure?
A. dynamic+Static
B. dynamic- Static
C. dynamic/ Static
D. Pitot+ Static

Where does seperation of airflow occur/begin?
A. Top Trailing edge
B.Top Leading edge
C.Bottom L/E
D.BotttomT/E

4 eng jet a/c @ t/o after V1/ wind from left, which eng would cause the most adverse/ control problems?
A. Port outboard
B. Port inboard
C. Stb'd outboard
D. Stb'd inboard

Climbing @ constant weight, constant gamma angle(pitch?) @ max thrust wot 'appens 2 ur Gamma Angle, AoA and IAS respectively?

A.Decrease, decease, decrease.
B.Decrease, increase, decrease.
C.Increase, increase, decrease.
D.Constant, decrease, Increase

crispy banana
9th May 2003, 23:54
I took both these exams in April and found them tough,but I managed to pass them :D

Check out the Bristol site here (http://www.topclasstraining.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php) for some feedback questions & answers.

Good Luck! :ok:

flyfish
10th May 2003, 10:42
thanks for the replies, Vmd, great stuff, you obviously have greater brain power than me, i struggle to remember my name after the exmas let alone feedback.
banana, cheers i will go there now.

hdaae
11th May 2003, 00:01
What i found the hardest with the exams were that some had questions were 2 or maybe more answers were right and having to sit there and be telepathic and try to guess what the author of the exams regards as most important .....quite frankly frustrates me!!

I passed thou ...thank god....but I have no idea HOW i passed :ok:

VFE
11th May 2003, 04:10
When I did POF about a year ago there were loads of high speed flight questions in the paper. Nice to know that JAR expect us to one day pilot a supersonic jet but in my opinion they're tripping on E in Vegas asking that kinda stuff.

Passed it with 84% though. :ouch:

VFE.

Dean Johnston
23rd May 2003, 00:43
I've got POF & PERF in June, I'm now scared 5hitless, what more can I do ? I've done pretty much same as you guys and it dont seem enough. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

D.J.

PS. ATTENTION SCHOOLS, PLEASE CONTACT CAA AND TELL THEM THEY'VE GOT IT WRONG. ITS POF NOT ADVANCED AERODYNAMICS.