PDA

View Full Version : Two New Airlines For STN

Departures Beckham
3rd May 2003, 01:49
FLYINGFINN: Up to 5 flights per week from STN to Helsinki. Flights operated on MD-83. First flight Monday 05/05 - www.flyfi.net (http://www.flyfi.net)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From website:

24.04.2003: Flights to London on May:Thu, Fri and Sun
We will be flying to London on May Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. But on Monday May 5th, we will be flying our normal shcedule. After May 28th, we will be flying Mondays, Tuesdays,Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASIQAIR (Transavia): Twice daily flights from STN to Amsterdam (Buzz flights on same route terminated 31/03). Flights operated on 737. First flight 26/05 - www.basiqair.com (http://www.basiqair.com)

From website:

Schiphol, 2 May 2003. London Stansted will be Transavia airlines' fourteenth Basiq Air destination. Flights to and from Stansted can be booked from Thursday 8 May onwards for an introductory fare that starts at € 9.00. The schedule of two return flights a day is due to commence on 26 May 2003.

Having already established a presence in France, Italy, Portugal and Spain, Basiq Air is now seeking to acquire a position in England, the country that originally introduced low-cost air travel in Europe. Gerard Helming, Executive Vice President Marketing & Sales: "From Schiphol there are more flights to London than anywhere else, and London Stansted has deliberately distinguished itself as the low-cost airport in London. When buzz stopped flying from Amsterdam to Stansted earlier this year there was no longer a direct connection between the two airports. This presented us with an opportunity that is consistent with our philosophy of continuing to expand our low-cost, low-fare network within Europe."

With its Basiq Air scheduled service to London Stansted Transavia airlines is intending to cater for leisure travellers as well as business passengers. "In the current economic climate business travellers are far more price-conscious when it comes to choosing a flight. As far as possible we have arranged our flight schedule so that it ties in with early morning and evening connections," says Gerard Helming. Besides, Transavia airlines is already well known in England having operated scheduled services between Amsterdam and London Gatwick from 1986 to 2000.

carbootking
3rd May 2003, 03:59
doea this mean circus air will be doing the ground handling etc for the new airlines or aviance

BAe 146-100
3rd May 2003, 05:57
Hi,

This will be excellent for STN. How busy is STN on a typical day?

Thanks
BAe 146-100 :D

Departures Beckham
3rd May 2003, 17:26
CarBoot: I have been advised by a very nice man that Servisair have the Finn contract, but the Basiqair contract has not been decided yet. As well as Aviance, I'm sure that Groundstar were also interested (especially now that Ryanair Buzzaway are self-handling).

146: STN is the third busiest airport in the UK in terms of aircraft movements, however we are fourth in terms of passenger numbers.

BAe 146-100
3rd May 2003, 18:09
Hi,

Thanks Departures Beckham :ok:.

Regards
BAe 146-100

carbootking
4th May 2003, 03:23
stn is going to be murder this summer the cues going through customs this morning were very long 530 am and at lunchtime it seemed to be worse they cant seem to get it right for having planes coming and going i hate to be on the ramp late at night when all the rynair planes come in at once i use to hate it when i was on wheeelchairs driving from plane to plane picking up pax oh how i love stansted

Departures Beckham
12th May 2003, 05:48
Carboot: Servisair have the FlyingFinn contract and Aviance have the Basiqair one.