PDA

View Full Version : Ir Training At Eft Florida

dsp1285
2nd May 2003, 19:00
HI

ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD OR BAD EXPERIENCES OF EFT FLIGHT TRAINING IN FT PIERCE FLORIDA?

LOOKING TOWARDS TAKING JAA IR RATING, 2 WEEKS USA AND 2 WEEKS IN BOURNEMOUTH UK. TOTAL PRICE APPROX 12000 UK POUNDS.
ANY DETAILS BE MUCH APPRECIATED, AS TO HOW THE INSTRUCTION AND TRANSITION BETWEEN THE US AND UK IS.

ALSO CONTEMPLATING JAA IR IN THE CZECH REP. CHEAPER PRICES BUT AS OF YET NO PAST IR STUDENTS. (COURSE 2 MONTHS) ALL IN PRICE 10000 UK POUNDS!

HELP!!!!!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
3rd May 2003, 01:52
Sorry no experience, however, for that price surely you can complete the whole shooting match in the UK?

Martin Barnes
3rd May 2003, 02:18
I recently Flew from fort peirce to renew a UK IR , the chance of flying any kind of procedural approach was virtally nill. everything was radar vectored all the way, had to fly 45mins south to get proper approaches

The airspace was was very very busy with the aircraft operating
from the mega schools (pan am and fsi).

You can get a 50hr JAA IR in the UK for £8 - 9K

USA is great for the GFTs PPLs and Hour Building

Good Luck

Delta Wun-Wun
3rd May 2003, 06:50
Have a very good look around the schools here in the UK. It is possible to get a Twin IR inc. Test for less than £10000. For the £12000 youhave been quoted you should have no problem getting the IR done here in the UK with the good old British weather thrown in for free.

macky
5th May 2003, 00:36
Just looked at the EFT website and with the current exchange rate the price for an IR at EFT is £7,457 plus the usual extras for test etc and that doesn't include any multiple course discount.

Where can you get a JAA IR in the UK for that sort of cash ?

I cannot comment on the standards of tuition at EFT having not used them yet but I'm going to consider them at that price.

dsp1285
8th May 2003, 20:30
EFT ADVERTISE IR COURSE IN US $ AND AN UNREALISTIC EXCHANGE RATE, CHECK OUT LOCAL BANKS FOR EXCHANGE RATES (CURRENTLY 1.53 TO $) ADD ON RETURN FLIGHTS, AIRCRAFT HIRE IN UK EXAMINER FEES ETC AND YOU MUST BE NEAR TO UK PRICES?

STILL TRYING TO FIND SCHOOL IN UK THAT CAN OFFER IR FOR UNDER £12000 ALL IN!

HEARD CLOUD 9 CAN DO FOR AROUND £10OOO FULLY INCLUSIVE, ANYONE GOT ANY INFO :ok:

Alex Whittingham
9th May 2003, 17:00
The UK flight schools want your business badly right now, I think customers are a bit thin on the ground.

The current edition of Flyer has Bonus advertising a 50 hour IR for £7450 incl landing fees excluding VAT. Billins Air advertise at £9680 all inclusive, Bristol Flying Centre (prop M Barnes, see above) offer a 50 hour IR all inclusive at £7999, Aeros offer IRs 'from £7675', Oxford 'from £11200', AFT offer a combined CPL & IR for £11239 inc VAT. Apologies if I left anyone out.

There's a lot of choice there and some excellent schools. Standard rules apply, don't pay it all up front but expect to have to keep your account in credit by a reasonable amount. Pay by credit card.