PDA

View Full Version : Electronic version of the UK SRD

gsumner
1st May 2003, 19:22
Hi everyone,

I just wondered what the cd-rom version of the UK SRD was like. I have just written a program that automates the look-up of data( even the notes section ) from the UK SRD and I wondered if there was a comercial market from it. I'd like someone who is familiar with using the UK SRD paper and/or the cd-rom version to take a look at what I've done and give me their views.

Graham

Findo
2nd May 2003, 23:18
Anything that makes the SRD readable in less than 20 minutes would be a bonus. I'd be interested in seeing it.

TheFox
3rd May 2003, 02:34
There is already an electronic version of the SRD on the AIP CD. I.E type in the 2 airports and it will give you the the routes available.

gsumner
3rd May 2003, 20:17
Hi,
Does it give you the Notes as well??.
How is it updated??.
Do you need a new CD?? or is it a small update download

Graham:D

TheFox
6th May 2003, 02:27
Yes i give you the notes, they release a new cd every airac to update the the AIP with the SRD is on it. Have no idea how much it costs, as i have never paid for one, but i would imagine it would be on a subsription basis.

As an a side have you thought about copyright issues and liabilty? Not that i am saying there is any

gsumner
6th May 2003, 02:58
I've only released it to the flight sim community. The pdf version says it is encouraged for all to use the SRD, PDF and electronic version at a no cost. I say in my version not for real world flight planning . . although it could be really. No mention of copyright in the SRD. I won't think about a commercial version of my SRD program if there is one already. I just wondered how big their updates were . . mine are only 205K and what there version looked like.

Anyway thanks for your input.

Graham